I received this message in my email, Just need your opinions about this, should I take the course? is this legit?
Certified Ethical Hacker v9
Training and Certification Program
January 18-22, 2016 (8am-3pm ; M-F)
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program is the core of the most desired information security training system any information security professional will ever want to be in.
The CEH, is the first part of a 3 part EC-Council Information Security Track which helps you master hacking technologies. You will become a hacker, but an ethical one!
As the security mindset in any organization must not be limited to the silos of a certain vendor, technologies or pieces of equipment, This course was designed to provide you with the tools and techniques used by hackers and information security professionals alike to break into an organization. As we put it, “To beat a hacker, you need to think like a hacker”.
This course will immerse you into the Hacker Mindset so that you will be able to defend against future attacks. It puts you in the driver’s seat of a hands-on environment with a systematic ethical hacking process.
Here, you will be exposed to an entirely different way of achieving optimal information security posture in their organization; by hacking it! You will scan, test, hack and secure your own systems. You will be thought the Five Phases of Ethical Hacking and thought how you can approach your target and succeed at breaking in every time! The five phases include Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access, and covering your tracks.
The tools and techniques in each of these five phases are provided in detail in an encyclopedic approach to help you identify when an attack has been used against your own targets. Why then is this training called the Certified Ethical Hacker Course? This is because by using the same techniques as the bad guys, you can assess the security posture of an organization with the same approach these malicious hackers use, identify weaknesses and fix the problems before they are identified by the enemy, causing what could potentially be a catastrophic damage to your respective organization.
Throughout the CEH course, you will be immersed in a hacker's mindset, evaluating not just logical, but physical security.
CEHv9 Recognition / Endorsement / Mapping
v The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
v American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
v Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
v United States Department of Defense (DoD)
v National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF)
v Department of Veterans Affairs
Course Outline Version 9
CEHv9 consists of 20 core modules designed to facilitate a comprehensive ethical hacking and penetration testing training.
1. Introduction to Ethical Hacking
2. Footprinting and Reconnaissance
4. Networks Enumeration
5. System Hacking
6. Malware Threats
7. Evading IDS, Firewalls and Honeypots
9. Social Engineering
10. Denial of Service
11. Session Hijacking
12. Hacking Web servers
13. Hacking Web
14. Applications SQL Injection
15. Hacking Wireless Networks
16. Hacking Mobile Platforms
17. Cloud Computing
What will you learn?
Students going through CEH training will learn:
1. Key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management process, and penetration testing
2. System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks
3. Different types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures
4. Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures
5. Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing
6. Social Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures
7. DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures
8. Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, and countermeasures
9. Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures
10. Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures
Registration & Information
· Note: This is an official Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) Course.
· Training fee is php86,625/pax +VAT, inclusive of DRM Kit / Manual, Certificate, Meals, and Exam.
· Space in the course is limited, so please register as early as possible to reserve your place.
· Further details, please call Sandra at (632) 668-6531 or via email Sandra@gkphilippines.com
· Please make all payments payable to: GlobalKnowledge PH, Inc.
GLOBALKNOWLEDGE PH, INC.
Ground Flr. Unit 107 Beacon Plaza, Shaw Blvd. Cor. Ideal St. Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Mobile No.: 0919-959-4894 | Direct Line: 721-4380 ; 668-6531
Email: email@example.com | URL: www.gkphilippines.com
If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it will fit here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Not a sandwich
- Posts: 1881
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 1:20 pm
- Location: 41 6d 73 74 65 72 64 61 6d
CEH is definitely a real course that exists and on first glance the text seems to reflect the course content. However I have no information on the validity of this specific mail or the organisation that is supposed to be providing it. It seems pretty cheap though. Over here the course usually cost about 3500 EUR + tax.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.