Metasploit - Exploits For Other OSs?

Lets get down to business on ASM, reverse engineering, product activation, and what it's really all about. [ THERE ARE NO WAREZ HERE ]
CaptainCheeseTits
n00b

Metasploit - Exploits For Other OSs?

Post by CaptainCheeseTits » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:59 pm

When I run msfconsole on BackTrack5 and run the command: show exploits, a long list of exploits come up but they all have windows/ before them so I assume they are all windows exploits. Same goes for payloads, they all seem to be made for Windows targets. Where are the Mac OS X exploits or linux exploits?

GhostHawk
Ex-Mod

Re: Metasploit - Exploits For Other OSs?

Post by GhostHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:05 pm

All the exploits are there, they just don't fit into the shell buffer. You can either go to:
root@bt:/pentest/exploits/framework/modules/exploits#

and get a ls

root@bt:/pentest/exploits/framework/modules/exploits# ls
aix bsdi dialup freebsd hpux irix linux multi netware osx solaris unix windows

or you can increase the buffer on your shell.
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. It is also my opinion, that I am an ass hole.

GhostHawk
Ex-Mod

Post by GhostHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm

On a side note
http://www.offensive-security.com/meta ... y_Training

I would read through all of that before working with metasploit much more. Should help out a great bit.
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. It is also my opinion, that I am an ass hole.

psilocybin
Sargeant at Arms

Post by psilocybin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

This free information security training is brought to you in a community effort to promote awareness and raise funds for underprivileged children in East Africa. Through a heart-warming effort by several security professionals, we are proud to present the most complete and in-depth open course about the Metasploit Framework.
I laughed when I first read that, because I got the impression that they meant they were trying to teach metasploit to african children, which couldn't possibly backfire. turns out they're just asking for donations to feed them, which I guess is OK.

cool link though.

CaptainCheeseTits
n00b

Post by CaptainCheeseTits » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 pm

GhostHawk wrote: root@bt:/pentest/exploits/framework/modules/exploits# ls
aix bsdi dialup freebsd hpux irix linux multi netware osx solaris unix windows
Oh yeah I see them now, thanks. The path is /pentest/exploits/framework3/modules/exploits for some reason though.
GhostHawk wrote:On a side note
http://www.offensive-security.com/meta ... y_Training

I would read through all of that before working with metasploit much more. Should help out a great bit.
Yeah thats a brilliant website. I couldn't understand the info on it at first but now that I've gotten into metasploit, I'm learning all kinds of stuff from that website. Meterpreter is one hell of a payload, isn't it?

GhostHawk
Ex-Mod

Post by GhostHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 pm

It's great to run through the web site, then run all of the commands after you read about them. Makes the info stick. It's a great way to learn.

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Thor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:00 pm

psilocybin wrote:
This free information security training is brought to you in a community effort to promote awareness and raise funds for underprivileged children in East Africa. Through a heart-warming effort by several security professionals, we are proud to present the most complete and in-depth open course about the Metasploit Framework.
I laughed when I first read that, because I got the impression that they meant they were trying to teach metasploit to african children, which couldn't possibly backfire. turns out they're just asking for donations to feed them, which I guess is OK.

cool link though.
One day, they may hop on their Ubuntu boxes and move up from this:

Code: Select all

Subject: Dear Respected One,

Dear Respected One,

GREETINGS,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from the International web site directory. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to it's esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person I can do business with and by the recommendations I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Wumi Abdul; the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs George Abdul. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my younger brother HASSAN special because we are motherless. Before the death of my father on 30th June 2002 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $12.500.000 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand dollars) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of the fund.

Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Miss Wumi Abdul

PLEASE FOR PRIVATE AND SECURITY REASONS,REPLY ME VIA EMAIL:
wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us