How to Submit Your Tools

Have a tool that you think is awesome enough to be promoted by Hackerthreads? Submit it in a thread here. This forum is write-only, like a drop-box, and you will not be able to see other threads.
Aiden
Administrator

How to Submit Your Tools

Post by Aiden » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:22 pm

This forum is for submitting your tools to Hackerthreads.

There is no set format for submitting tools. Just be sure to tell what it does. If you wish to provide an external download link, you may do so. You MUST attach all source code to your original post (the one in this forum) so it can be checked for malware and analyzed. All attachments here are private and cannot be downloaded by anyone but Hackerthreads Administrators. After we verify your program is legit, we'll move it to a relevant Tools section (or create a new section) and provide a host for your tool.

In order to submit any physical files, however, you need to know how to add attachments. I'm sure everyone knows already, but in case you don't, here's a quick guide so you don't have to ask and risk looking stupid. ;)

When creating a new post (below the text area where you write in) you'll see a box labeled Options, with a bunch of checkboxes for things like Disable BBCode, Disable smilies, and so on. (At least I think you'll see those, they might just be for mods :lol: )

In any case, when you find this box, there should be another header instead of Options to click -- Upload Attachment. You might have missed it before because this is the only forum on the boards where attachments are allowed. When you click that header, it's pretty self-explanatory from here. You can attach a file or multiple files. However, we highly recommend that you zip all of your files into one compressed archive before submitting.

Good luck!
"When it takes forever to learn all the rules, no time is left for breaking them."

Aiden
Administrator

Re: How to Submit Your Tools

Post by Aiden » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:15 am

If you're not feeling that creative and just want a quick form to fill in, here you go:
Name of Tool:
Author:
Language coded in:
What it does:
Other notes:
"When it takes forever to learn all the rules, no time is left for breaking them."

foldingstock
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by foldingstock » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:46 am

drusepth wrote:If you're not feeling that creative and just want a quick form to fill in, here you go:
Name of Tool:
Author:
Language coded in:
What it does:
Other notes:
In trying to use this form but I don't see where to add my code! Plz help!

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:01 pm

foldingstock wrote:
drusepth wrote:If you're not feeling that creative and just want a quick form to fill in, here you go:
Name of Tool:
Author:
Language coded in:
What it does:
Other notes:
In trying to use this form but I don't see where to add my code! Plz help!
lol
*punches foldingstock in the lasagna*