Starting Wireless hacking...

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
djtrickdog
n00b

Starting Wireless hacking...

Post by djtrickdog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:15 pm

I am giving it a shot. *Wireless*hacking. i downloaded airsnort. i have multiple wireless signals comming but they are locked. im on an XP and i use Linskys and all signals come from a Linskys too. I dont know exactly what do crack em with and what to decrypt with. Once i get an internet connection, what exactly can i do? I downloaded AirCrack but i dont know how to use it at all. when i do the dump, when it asks to enter a/o for chipsets...how do i know what i have? i dont have a laptop...i wanna do this on desktop computer. Anyways..i tried both A and O and get same message saying something about PEEK somethin. thanks for help
shut up

security
Terrorist

Post by security » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:36 pm

You will be able to get alot more wireless connections via using a laptop first off all. Airsnort and other programs are out there, therefor allow you to see certain details of other wireless network connections. If you are trying to join and become apart of their wireless network, you will need to learn how to decrypt the WEP key they are using either, 64bit or 128bit WEP. I havent attempted this in a while but I am intrested in figuring out how I can find and decrypt the WEP encryption after finding a live network. If airsnort is the idea key than Im good. If not so, how can you find the WEP key so than you can use other programs out there to decrypt it?

I know that if I am on a computer that is apart of a network than I can use programs like etheral and others to try to find there SSID. But I am talking about doing wireless laptop grainning access to become apart of the wireless network to use internet ext.
"The only way to achieve immortality is to share knowledge"

security
Terrorist

Post by security » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm

If you have a Linksys router you will be automaticly be getting defualt linskys singals, and maybe a couple other SSID if your neighboors got Wireless networking. Keep me posted on how things going so I can see what I can do to help you with anything. Never used airSnort but know about it, ill give it a shot if I can get the SSID and the WEP ency, than your done after a little work and time.

Ramius
The Evil Clown

Post by Ramius » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:25 am

Backtrack2 from http://www.remote-exploit.org has all of the linux based tools preconfigured and working. It would be a good place to start for sure.

RK
RIF - Reading is Fundamental
Hacking is a process, not a product
Http://www.rainbowtables.net

stasik
Guru

Post by stasik » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:51 am

i have a wide screen,17' ati radeon x700,and most live cd (back track, auditor security colection,etc) are not booting.they stop at PCMAN cardreg...
i inserted ati drivers in back track with slax,but still no luck.i just need a normal pc....

captin crunch
n00b

i need help

Post by captin crunch » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:55 am

ok i have a router with a wpa and someone has gottin in and is using my conection now i have look@lan and can get into there computer is this illegal since there on my wifi also how do i get into there files and make it a bad day for them and what should i do i dont want to call the cops its not my style i just want to screw up there computer delete files and maybe turn off there anti-virus and release a virus anyone have a way to do this and how do i get a virus for them and how to release it to there computer and not mine thanks the captain

netphreak
Owns you

Post by netphreak » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:09 am

LEARN PUNCTUATION.

Oh my god, I've never had such a hard time reading something.

Why not just change the WPA key? That'll keep them out. And you have the right to go into their computer, since it is your network. Learn how to do it yourself... You won't get exact answers most of the time here.
Look at the stars, but shoot for the ceiling; it's closer...
When looking for a needle in a haystack, don't start in the middle of a wheat field.

security
Terrorist

Post by security » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:26 am

and maybe turn off there anti-virus and release a virus anyone have a way to do this and how do i get a virus for them and how to release it to there computer and not mine thanks the captain
How do I get a virus: THere are many sites that have leanring live virus and worms that you are able to download, I was familiar with some along time ago but I am not in that area at the moment unless I need to be. Try searching for them, open them up in your programs so you can try to understand the code and learn what code the virus are made in. You can also retain virus by doing and mainting them yourself. In other words you can make you own, if you know how to program in C, C#, C++, Visual Basic or VB Scripting you can make your own program usuing the programming style commands; to do what you want, like deleteing files, wrighting simple code like you just descriped.

You can create .bat files in notepad,( just make sure you save the file as whateverfilenameis.bat) just use simple dos commands and than saving it as a .bat files which excutes any command prompt commands that you scripted inside of notepad. Make sure you press enter after each command you are typing inside of notepad, because when the .bat file is loaded is from top to bottom in seqence excusting each command until no more commands are usable.

example:

NOTEPAD OPEN

cd c:\ c
c:\> cd Program Files
c:\Program Files>cd Folder
c:\Program Files>cd Folder
c:\Program Files\Folder> del file.exe
c:\Program Files\Folder> del file2.exe
c:\Program Files\Folder> del file3.exe
c:\Program Files\Folder> del file6.exe
c:\Program Files\Folder> del file.dll
eqit

NOTEPAD SAVED AS A TEST.BAT
Load that and the files , file.exe, file2.exe, file3.exe, file4.exe, fill.dll will be deleted as long as that file is inside of that directory. If you can gather more infromation on what operaeting system another person is using than you will be more comfortable when writing your scripting to be closely as you can, and del files that you know you want to del, or making folders. Thats pretty much the most simified way of doing what you asked. Just got to get them to load it, you can Bind it using a binder.exe program to a picthure or music or whatever you need and when they click on it that TEST.bat file will be excuted.

If you know what type of Anti Virus they are using of firewall probley want to do more research on finding out what version they are using, and if you happen to have the same type version they do than you will know where alot of the files are located and in which direcory. You can also after knowing that information, inside your TEXT.bat file you could add a command line like net stop Macfeee, just liike you would do with the telnet service. Sometimes for norton, there are spaces between the service names and when you try applying the command net stop you get this:
NET STOP Task Scheduler
The syntax of this command is:

NET STOP
service
There is away by either add like NET STOP Tast* the(*) part should find the service that starts with Tast and it should load. I am not on which command or function technique you use so you can stop a tast that has a space between the two words. If anyone happens to know the answer to that, for my knowledge it would be useful, and to see if I was right.

Now all you got to do bro is like I side you can bind it to another file and or you can send it via aim or whatever, not sure if most AV's pick up .bat files if they are binded into another file they shouldnt especially if you got a good one, I would say know since my AV isnt tripping or spaming out at me for theses .bat files I have already been making. I hope this gave you some starting infomation regarding your questions, "on how you could release the virus"., Thus, learning how to start programming in VB which was my first Programming Language I took, I started to understand how some Virus's were made. I would assume that your question'saaaaa and my responds was all for educational purposes. I am not saying go do this to someone but you should try it on your own personal computer as a learning experience and making sure it works.

That way you will have a better idea, and be more familiar where the files would be located at and you could read more on Norton AV and others to figure out which dir and locations the files are located and find out which ones need to be deleted so AV autoprotect is off. I feel asleep 4 times right this, I hope I was able to get my words and my sentences out correctly and informative. I hope that helps Boss, OUT!

Pleo
Guru

Post by Pleo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:39 pm

I was going to write a lawyerly spiel about illegality and civil wrongs (was even going to back it up with cases and legislation) but F*** it. Yes it is illegal to access his files.
There once was a lawyer named Rex
Who was small in the organs of sex.
When charged with exposure
He replied with composure,
De minimus non curat lex.

captin crunch
n00b

Post by captin crunch » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:31 am

thanks guys

andrade1916
n00b

help

Post by andrade1916 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:50 pm

Can someone help me with my issue im running off of windows xp and a dell laptop

Ok so i was on a how to guide on hacking a WPA or WEP security code and i download Kismet which i cant get to actually start the program.I mite have downloaded the wrong thing but if anyone knows other guides or can tell me how to hack it it would help.

shinobi
Corporal

Post by shinobi » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:44 pm

I promise you that you'll get way better result if you actually know what you are doing... you got any basic knowledge?

andrade1916
n00b

Post by andrade1916 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:02 pm

i only know little about hacking and i only want to be able to get on neirbor's internet nothing more

netphreak
Owns you

Post by netphreak » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 am

It might help if you ran a windows compatible wireless sniffer, not a linux one.
When looking for a needle in a haystack, don't start in the middle of a wheat field.

andrade1916
n00b

Post by andrade1916 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 pm

ok well i ran colasoft capsa but it only sniffed the internet ur connected to and when i didocnnected it sniffed nothing does anyone know a windows compatible wireless network sniffer that does not have to be connected to the network to sniff

netphreak
Owns you

Post by netphreak » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:58 pm

TRY THIS It works well for basic scanning.

Edit
Apprentice

Post by Edit » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:26 pm

djtrickdog, exactly what model is your Linksys?

The Airsnort package requires patched drivers for your wifi card to run. These drivers will disable your card from normally connecting to a network, but will enable you to passively sniff (i.e., without connecting) packets.

Whoever linked http://www.remote-exploit.org/ is absolutely right - if you go there and have a quick browse of the forums under guides/tutorials you'll find a world of information regarding beginning guides to crack WEP/WPA.

There's also a real detailed, two part tutorial on Anti Online which I think you'll find helpful.

-Edit

steampunk
Hacker in Training

Post by steampunk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 am

1. Install Linux
2. Install Kismet
3. Install Aircrack
4. Put Wireless NIC into Monitor mode using ifconfig/iwconfig
5. Run Kismet for about a week
6. Run Aircrack using the dump file generated by Kismet

If you have at least 250 IV files, you should be able to crack low-bit WEP keys. For WPA, you'll have to wait until you receive a 4-way handshake (Aircrack will tell you if you need this and whether or not you have it).

For any and all questions, refer to the 'man' pages:
man ifconfig
man iwconfig
man aircrack
man kismet

TADA!

EDIT: If you have to stop and start Kismet for whatever reason, you can always merge the dump files using mergecap... (man mergecap) Heh
"The world cannot live at the level of its great men." -Mamoru Oshii

slimiz29
Apprentice

Post by slimiz29 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:19 am

Aircrack doesnt run in Intel Centrino.. So if you cant run it on some Intel Chip do not be suprised...
If you are a GOOD hacker, evrybody knows you but if you are a GREAT hacker no one knows you!@#$%

iSquatch
n00b

sry

Post by iSquatch » Wed May 30, 2007 2:16 pm

i have a ? and it wont let me make a new thread yet so yea look up WZ cook and that cracks wep's for you, well anyway here is my ? sry for the inconvienance :(

ok ive cracked the wep to my school's wireless and i can connect to it to my house, i cant get highspeed so i wanna be a pirate lol, the school has it but i just cant get it, can anyone say gov't abuse? well ive cracked the wep and i can connect to the wireless client, but i cant use the internet, i have a good idea i have to be connected to the actual NOVELL client and i have a password and username but i have no idea how to actually get connected to the server to be able to use the net, nor can i login on my comp for novell, i would appreciate any help, i believe i would need the actual server files on my comp and to get those i would prolly need admin and yea, anyway i am connected to the network i just cant use the internet, but i can sniff packets with ethereal but they dont give me any useful info, plz help me, i just want highspeed to make my job easier :-\, well thnx for any help i really appreciate it :).
....games pwn :)