pda and Wireless hacking

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
SilentDIGGER
Hacker in Training

pda and Wireless hacking

Post by SilentDIGGER » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi all, i thought that its time for me to move closer to the future hacking that is wireless hacking(and i know that its not that mutch future,but for me it is),i would have started earlier but no laptop, or better say no money for one,but recently i managed to earn small amount of money and i looked what i can buy for that amount that i have and because i have less then 300$ i searched and i found that for that money i could buy Palm TX ,why that model well i found it to be cheapest pda that has wifi and it looks good and i searched for "Palm TX linux" and i have found instructions on installing linux though not all functions are supported(wifi and bluetooth don't work) but one day who knows maybe very soon,it could happen.Anyways the question is "Can i use Palm TX for wardriving,and if so what kind of tools i need to install?"
P.S.
I did check google but didn't find exactly what i wanted.
Anywho i'm waiting for Your replies.Cheers. 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by SilentDIGGER on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hack to learn and create, not to destroy and hate.

hormesis
Veteran

Post by hormesis » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:39 pm

superstonerman
Strike 1

Post by superstonerman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:19 pm

Yeah rewrite this and then you might get some helpful replies.
Well as long as you actually ask questions that are not along the lines of "how do i hack?"

EDIT: heres an idea set up a linux server somewhere and note its ip address. Then set up a SSH client on your PDA and connect to the linux server. That way you will be in no way limited.
The ignorant seek to gather knowledge, thereby increasing there ignorance.

Tao Te Ching

hormesis
Veteran

Post by hormesis » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:45 pm

It's not that bad of a question, but many of the people here don't have the patience to spend time trying to comprehend your poor grammar.

SilentDIGGER
Hacker in Training

Post by SilentDIGGER » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:42 am

Well hormesis many other people didn't have luck to be born in USA but are instead thrown by some force in some country that sucks ass, and a lot of people who live there and who are leading the country are dumb as Bush, but some of us have brains though i guess because we aren't fluent in english grammar we should be banned from posting anywhere where the english is official language,so excuse me if i have poor grammar, and i just don't get the whole punctuation thing, is it suppose to be funny or what, i mean i'm sorry for not punctuating "Palm TX linux", ok ,are we friends again?.

Anyways superstonerman thank you for tip and i think i posted wrong question.The correct question is Can i wardrive with palm tx?
I'm going to edit the first post so that as you said i might get more helpful replies.

superstonerman
Strike 1

Post by superstonerman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:32 am

U can wardrive with almost anything that has a wirless network interface
The ignorant seek to gather knowledge, thereby increasing there ignorance.

Tao Te Ching

hormesis
Veteran

Post by hormesis » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:27 pm

*le sigh*

I didn't didn't say I had a problem with you posting on the forum. I was trying to help you out by saying that if you would like more people to understand your problem, it would help if you didn't write one long sentence.

Your second paragraph of your reply was fine, but if you write one long rambling sentence without any division between ideas, it takes much more effort to try and comprehend.

SilentDIGGER
Hacker in Training

Post by SilentDIGGER » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Oh, well now i understand what were you trying to say.
Thanx for the tip on that.Unfortunatly i'm very well known to write long sentences.Odd i dont know why, but since high school i started with that.Well that explains why i had A+ in elementary school,now back then i was able to write mutch shorter sentences.How times change.
Anyways sorry for getting mad that easily i should work on that.
Glad that we got that out of our way.It would suck to start bashing each other,after all we are all here at the same side with same goal,to learn as mutch as we can.

8) 8) 8)

P.S.
I should start meditating again. :lol:

hormesis
Veteran

Post by hormesis » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Yeah, sorry if I came across as a little harsh.

SilentDIGGER
Hacker in Training

Post by SilentDIGGER » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:03 pm

No problem man, the important thing is that we talked about it.Though i know how frustrating can be to see questions like "How to hack?", "I want to steal cc numbers can you show me how?", or "I'm pissed at my professor, i have his email, now how can i spoof mine and what is the best trojan out there" and similar.Its hard these days to find a real hacker and people who want to learn, you know like "old school" hackers (Mitnick, Captain Krunch....).
Ah, '70s,'80s and '90s those were the days, days when you had to learn to code and to learn on your own how to connect to computer miles and miles away, and get administrator's rights.Today, you have bunch of script kiddies who maybe know the basics of c, and they dont have a clue how assembler code look like or how tcp/ip functions.Sad, very sad.Anyways at least i'm still trying to hack "old school" way.Find a target, do whois and nmap it,and traceroute it, and then reverse engineer the vulnerable program, or its patch , and write exploit to get root.My rules are "Look, and don't touch unless if you have to hide your tracks,and sometimes tell the administrator what to fix".
Anyways, cheers.

odius
n00b

Re: pda and Wireless hacking

Post by odius » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 pm

i use a nokia n810.. open source w/ a slide out keyboard, gps.. wifi !

has a good frontend for kismet, and i haven't gotten aireplay working, for injection to generate a fukload of IV's but u can capture IV's no problem.. just hellof a time getting enough!

anyways.. hack the planet, peaceout