Aircrack .cap files to read unencrypted login info

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
spectre
n00b

Aircrack .cap files to read unencrypted login info

Post by spectre » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:08 am

i ran a capture on my wireless network as i logged into my uconn account (which does not use ssl). Is there a fast simple way to read the packets intercepted through wireshark or something to obtain the login data if i filter by the uconn IP to filter out everything else?

stasik
Guru

Re: Aircrack .cap files to read unencrypted login info

Post by stasik » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 am

try to use BurpSuite from http://portswigger.net/suite/. its like middle man between ur brovser and the server. u can see data transmited and receive. when u connect to ur account, befor it is sent to server, u ll be able to see what u typed and even change. then u ll receive a response from the server, saying if the pass is ok or not. just mess arround. it is pretty ussefull when a flash ask u pass for something. after u type the pass it is sent to server. server will reply" correct/wrong", "ok/bad", "0/1" or something like that. and when u receive the response from server, just change the answer and pass it to ur browser and u ll pass by that password.

spectre
n00b

Post by spectre » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:25 pm

interesting, ill take a look, thanks!

stasik
Guru

Post by stasik » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 pm

no problem. if u have any problems/difficulties, let us know