[[ ** FORUM RULES ** ]]

htd0rg news, updates, and announcements. Check back regularly!
infinite_
Bat Country

[[ ** FORUM RULES ** ]]

Post by infinite_ » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 pm

HTd0rg FORUM RULES & CODE OF CONDUCT

First of all, you need to know and understand that any decision made by the staff of this site is completely at their discretion. Not all violations of the rules are equally severe, and the site’s moderators and admins reserve the right to reprimand or ban a user at any time if they feel an offense warrants the punishment.

This is not to say you will be banned as soon as you annoy the staff. Even if you were to participate in a heated debate with staff, you will not be banned or even warned, as long as you maintain a degree of civility, and respect peoples’ opinions. The moderators and admins are expected to maintain the same amount of civility.

//---------------------------------------------------

If you have a post count < 2, you will need to wait for all posts and threads to be approved by a moderator before it can be seen by others. This is to prevent spammers and filter out members who clearly haven't read or understood the Forum Rules & Code of Conduct.

Pictures are not allowed in your signature. It may come as a surprise, but it's true, not everyone these days has a high-speed connection.

When you ask a question, be polite and make sure you have done your homework (E.g. research) before asking. This includes searching on Google and the forums themselves before asking. When posting your question, be sure to include any information you may have found through your research; if you didn't find anything, it's always helpful to mention which sites you looked at.

Use proper grammar and punctuation, as much as your English skills will allow. If you’re not particularly good at English, use your browser’s spell checker; most have one of those these days. Using numbers as letters and strange colors, or submitting a post that is pretty much a wall of text is not considered polite. In the end it will only help you out, because no one will bother to read your cryptic posts if you do not follow the above.

Do not bump your threads simply to bump them. If you update your attempt at, say, fixing your PC with new information that might be informative to someone else, that’s fine, but posting “bump” will get your post locked and thrown into the pit of eternal darkness (the dead thread pool). If you ask a question and find an answer on your own, we would like it if you would post the answer in your thread in order to help people who might have the same question in the future.

Do not revive ancient threads (threads that are XX old) unless the topic is current/relevant in the world today. The original poster asked a question that did not get answered/resolved, or if you are able to provide some new information on it. What is an "ancient thread"? Anything with a last post dated more than than 8 - 12 months ago.

Do not double post. This means you should not post two consecutive posts in a thread -- you should edit the first one to include the information --, or create two identical threads in two different areas of the forums in an attempt to get more attention. If you have additional information to post, please edit your previous post.

Use the [quote] and

Code: Select all

tags[/b]. When posting a quote from a website, another person, a previous post, etc, use the [quote] tags to highlight it. When posting code, ASCII drawings, or anything that needs to keep formatting, use the [code] tags. It will make your post that much easier to read.

• [b]If you see someone violating the rules, just relax, the moderators will handle it[/b]. This applies to all violations, but especially when the violation is bumping an old thread, as your post will only serve to revive it as well. There is a very handy "Report this post" button on all posts that you can click to report specific posts to the moderators. Please use it.

• [b]Always respect other members and their opinions, even if you don't agree with them[/b]. I realize that it is an event of cataclysmic proportions when someone is wrong on the internet, and we need to straighten them out A.S.A.P., but try to do it respectfully, politely, and concisely. Tearing an argument apart with pure logic beats turning to childish insults. And it makes you sound smarter, too.

//---------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments, please feel welcome to PM any of the moderators. Or for some live fun & games, join us in IRC:
[b]Server:[/b] irc.tddirc.net
[b]Port:[/b] 6667
[b]Channel:[/b] #hackerthreads
([i]see drusepth's [u][url=http://www.hackerthreads.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39480]HOW-TO: Join #hackerthreads on IRC ![/url][/u][/i])

Thanks for reading, and welcome to HTd0rg!
My effort to help you will never exceed your effort to explain the problem.

Mr-GrayHat
n00b

Re: [[ ** FORUM RULES ** ]]

Post by Mr-GrayHat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 am

No one has replyed to this but me....lol

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:50 pm

As long as people still read it I'm happy ;)
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

finn87
n00b

Post by finn87 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am

Cool_Fire wrote:As long as people still read it I'm happy ;)
okay cool
the internet has no limits when you can hack
^.^

TheStereoKiller
n00b

Post by TheStereoKiller » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

I wonder if anyone reads this? I did, but who's to say that all others do or don't? :P

4n0nym0u5
n00b

Post by 4n0nym0u5 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 am

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for having me.

tchoustep
n00b

Post by tchoustep » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:42 pm

it's verry long but sure i accept it good luck for all