Risks of allowing someone access to your hosting CP

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
sh_ithe_ad
Sargeant at Arms

Risks of allowing someone access to your hosting CP

Post by sh_ithe_ad » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 am

If you give the username and password of your webhosting account to someone so that they can help administrate the site what kind of risks are you taking? Is there any possibility of them getting the credit card number used to purchase the hosting account?

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Re: Risks of allowing someone access to your hosting CP

Post by Thor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:33 am

So why are you hosting CP? :lol: The only thing I can think of is that they can get your admin email and use that to have sensitive things sent to them. There might be good info about you and the credentials used to set up the account in their. They might put all that together to attack you later, and simply forward info out of the account somewhere else. Then erase their tracks.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us

sh_ithe_ad
Sargeant at Arms

Re: Risks of allowing someone access to your hosting CP

Post by sh_ithe_ad » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 am

I was thinking of getting one or two people to get it on building the site with me since the one site that I've yet to outdo has a team of about 10 people working on it. Is that the worse thing they can do by having access to the CP? Thats not too bad at all.