uncaping 3g modem

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
machine
n00b

uncaping 3g modem

Post by machine » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:45 am

hi guys i have an huawei 3g modem and i have limited download and bandwith speed and would like to uncap the modem so that i can have unlimited bandwith and dowload speed. thanks in advance

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: uncaping 3g modem

Post by Cool_Fire » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:26 am

Usually the speed is capped on the side of your service provider and not on the side of your 3G modem.
There are exceptions though. If you google around for your specific make and model of 3G modem you may be able to find something.

But as you may have expected with just "a huawei 3g modem" to go on, I can't be of much help.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

machine
n00b

Post by machine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:23 am

also a friend told me that there are some and configuration made on the pc and the modem so that we can get unlimited browsing and high speed connection too

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 am

It's feasible such a thing can be done if the cap is put in place by the software stack that comes with the modem.
But all the same it's all idle speculation if we don't know what device you're dealing with specifically.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Thor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah back a few years ago, about the last I heard of anyone doing these things, people were mainly using the Motorola "Surfboard" type routers. To uncap them involved making a special JTAG connector and modding a configuration file if I remember right. There were some additional things like mac spoofing people in your bandwidth block. You might wanna look into "DOCSIS" uncapping. The subject can be deep and will vary greatly depending on many factors such as hardware type and how and where the bandwidth is controlled...
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us

machine
n00b

Post by machine » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

thank you all for the reply cool_fire i am using a huawei 3G E173 model

black7floyd
Strike 2

Post by black7floyd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 am

If it was about 3 or 5 years ago, it would have been a piece of cake. But now my friend, this is just impossible. They used to cap the bandwidth and speed at service points and modem settings. But now it is all different. They control it everything from the start of the lines. So this is impossible now.

---------------------------------
BLACK FLOYD
---------------------------------