Problem with Cell Phone Signal

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
menny007
n00b

Problem with Cell Phone Signal

Post by menny007 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 am

I have a T-mobile cell phone.

But recently my cell phone signal is very bad. When i'm in car my network fall 90% . So i can call or receive any call.
So can anybody tell me how can i improve my cell phone signal?

Waiting for your replay.

Thanks
I'm funny?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Problem with Cell Phone Signal

Post by Cool_Fire » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm

This seems more like a question for T-Mobile customer service than a hacker forum, but whatever.
The short answer is: you can't.

Cell phone signal is determined by how far you are from a cell tower and what obstacles are in the way. You can buy commercial cell phone signal boosters but I don't know how effective they'd be for your application nor do I know if they make portable versions of these.

Your best bet is probably to try some different phones and/or carriers to see which combination of phone and carrier gives you the best result.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Thor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:33 am

What's interesting about this is that I do believe all providers share towers now. However, quality and distance from the closest tower is still variable. There are many factors that go into quality of a call as hinted on. I think the only thing you can really do is find a good location for a call or boost it. But, I don't know; cellular is something im not really up to speed on as much as I want to be.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us

scouse
n00b

Post by scouse » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:49 am

Ive got GT-I9300 which was fine until i used the ota upgrade to jb 4.3 , then boom, nothing but problems i.e. battery drain, phone keeps freezing, no wi fi etc but after going on xda i found out loads of people with s3's were having the same trouble, so i think its possible to have other things i.e. phones firmware what causes problems.