This may be unlikey, but;

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
Dark Sim 905
n00b

This may be unlikey, but;

Post by Dark Sim 905 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:28 pm

Is it possible at all to create a wireless access point from inside a car?
I understand that some cars have 12V Power Outputs
(and that you could do things that go along with your cigerrette lighter)
I'm sure those can be used to connect a laptop to, for use in the car; but is it also possible to create a type of internet connectioN? that would fairly cool.

Maybe hook it to broadcast via your radio antenna. :P

*feels silly* :?
Visit my website!

Tech_Junkie
Your Senior

Post by Tech_Junkie » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:36 pm

Sure you could. The question is "what would it have access to?" Normally you attach a WAP to a network. I doubt you have one in you car. If you had sattelite web access in your car you could share that. You would most likely need a different type of antenna than what your car uses now and the connector will be different. I don't think it would be that difficult to make it look like it belonged.

CorbenDallas
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by CorbenDallas » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:08 pm

You could hook a signal reciever into your WAP jack and then find someone with wireless- use your wifi access point as a signal booster and a bridge for connections. Maybe there's not much point, but there's a severe problem with the whole physical WAP thing. I guess no rolling internet-mobile for you, barring that sattilite suggestion...
Homer: "Look! That kid's got bossoms!! Who's got a wet towel!? Hehehehe {SNAP} come're ya little butterball!"
Uter: "Don't... make me run!... I'm... full of chocolate!"