wireless hacking

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
velosity1
n00b

wireless hacking

Post by velosity1 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:58 pm

hello I need your guys help

I want to learn as much as I can on hacking wireless networks

I was just wondering where I can find all the information that I can on this subject

TOP TO BOTTOM .... EVERYTHING to know about

can you help

tnx

velosity

Niels
Sargeant at Arms

Post by Niels » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:07 am

I really don't like saying this, but I suppose it needs to be said - use Google.

skot
Sargeant at Arms

Post by skot » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:40 am

Yeah.. google + hackerthreads = your information, i've learnt a bitchload from just reading other posts and trying things out myself.

Ramius
The Evil Clown

Post by Ramius » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:48 am

get a book on the CWNP certification program. I am not fond of the certification, however the training manual will put wireless networking into perspective.

Also keep in mind that wireless is just another medium like ethernet, Fiber, or coax. Once you are on the wirelsee network, the principles of hacking will revert back to traditional network vulnerabilities. A comprehensive understanding of traditional network protocols and mediums is necessary.
RIF - Reading is Fundamental
Hacking is a process, not a product
Http://www.rainbowtables.net

Code Mech
Banned

Post by Code Mech » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:23 pm

Just to clear a few things up on wardriving id say use "kismet" wireless network finder for wardriving (linux), use a laptop, use a orinoco card (cheap on ebay) and i daresay use airsnort for cracking the WEP encryption.
Stay back from network stumbler(noisy and doesnt pick up half of what kismet does) where as kismet is in "passive" mode , it waits for packets to come to it thus creating little network niose.
If you dont want to install linux go with knoppix-std it has these 2 tools on it and more (kismet and airsnort)
We hold all the keys, you just dont know us, we found shelter on the web more than the real world showed us. -- Code Mech

velosity1
n00b

Post by velosity1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

I know alittle about wireless networks mostly all and I do know about all the tools that can be used on windows and linus operating systems

its just I want to learn the more techie stuff about hacking wireless networks

If there is such a thing

I did watch the episode of hacktv and the broken and searched on google but still want more , more more more

anything I can find usefull about hacking these networks :)

maybe someone knows something that I dont ...

velosity

lO YA what would be the best linus OS to use for this ???

Ramius
The Evil Clown

Post by Ramius » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:02 pm

RIF - Reading is Fundamental
Hacking is a process, not a product
Http://www.rainbowtables.net