Tool request

Need a tool? Ask here if someone knows one that does what you need, or maybe someone can even write you one.
silent192
n00b

Tool request

Post by silent192 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:58 am

Hello, I have downloaded a rar file a couple of days ago and noticed it had a password and i had to do some survey to get it but nvm that. Last couple of days i was searching through internet to find some tool with which i could open it but had no luck except the brute-force ones but that is going to last for days since i haven't got the fastest pc and i suspect the pass has about 10 digits. So my question is do you guys have any tools that can open the file faster or maybe you know a way to open that kind of file, anything but i mean anything would be extremly helpful. If it is needed i could send you the file and you open it and send back or something like that. :?:

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Tool request

Post by Cool_Fire » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 am

Unfortunately there is no way around the password on a rar file. This is because the file actually is encrypted so you have to have the right password in order to get the right data back out again. Effectively the only way to speed up cracking is to throw more parallel resources at the problem.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

silent192
n00b

Re: Tool request

Post by silent192 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:04 am

Dang, well thank you for your answer at least :)