Keylogger That Isn't Detected By My Antivirus

Lets get down to business on ASM, reverse engineering, product activation, and what it's really all about. [ THERE ARE NO WAREZ HERE ]
ParoxysmX
n00b

Keylogger That Isn't Detected By My Antivirus

Post by ParoxysmX » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:09 am

Hi,

Does anyone know a keylogger that won't be detected as a harmful tool or whatever by AVG 8.5?

infinite_
Bat Country

Re: Keylogger That Isn't Detected By My Antivirus

Post by infinite_ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:33 am

Hardware keyloggers aren't detectable by AVG.

Or, you could write a software one and let us know how you go :)
My effort to help you will never exceed your effort to explain the problem.

Outis
n00b

Post by Outis » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 am

v0idE wrote:Hardware keyloggers aren't detectable by AVG.

Second what ^^^ said. Any software keyloggers 'in the wild' you can bet are on every AV app's detection list ...

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 am

Even if you're a beginner at programming and writing a key logger might seem daunting, it's actually a fairly simple piece of software. You can find guides on how to write them fairly easily.

Aiden
Administrator

Post by Aiden » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Outis wrote:
v0idE wrote:Hardware keyloggers aren't detectable by AVG.

Second what ^^^ said. Any software keyloggers 'in the wild' you can bet are on every AV app's detection list ...
You also have to remember, however, that even if you code your own, there's a chance that an AV will pick up on it. They look for certain calls within the program as far as I know - I don't know a lot.

If you're planning on just distributing it to one computer, you can just set up the AV that computer is running on your own computer and scan (while offline so you don't have to worry about the AV sending your keylogger back to the main AV servers) - if it's detected as a keylogger, go modify it until it's not. If it scans as clean, you're all set!

However, if you aren't planning to attack any certain system or AV, you'll probably want to scan it with a lot of AVs to see the results. For an example, upload a file to VirusTotal (http://www.virustotal.com/) and see how they do it. The disadvantage of using that site for homemade things is that it sends your executable to every AV on the list. A better approach would be to install the AVs you're interested in on a VM, and scan your file. And then run it on the VM and see if anything picks it up. :)
"When it takes forever to learn all the rules, no time is left for breaking them."

michels10
n00b

Post by michels10 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Google "undetection techniques" See if you find anything :wink: