Partitioning a hard drive

This is the place to bitch, bash, and get help with all things Windows.
Spyder Mars
n00b

Partitioning a hard drive

Post by Spyder Mars » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Last time I dual booted my comp I used a program to split the partition. Since then I've had to reset my computer and now i have to part it all over again but i've lost the program. I've tried to look for tutorials on this but haven't found anything helpful(or that i can understand). Does anyone know of a "noob friendly" tutorial on how to partition a hard drive?

19bab79
Hacker in Training

Re: Partitioning a hard drive

Post by 19bab79 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 am

Spyder Mars
n00b

Post by Spyder Mars » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks! google was very helpful.

SLaX
Apprentice

Post by SLaX » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:18 pm

If I'm dual booting with windows I just use the built in partition program with the windows installation cd. Its easy to use

wilsondavid
n00b

Post by wilsondavid » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 am

In OS you have rights to make new partition and also delete existing partition. By going to My Computer 's properties you have all right to manage all thing regarding to your My Computer and all it's properties.

Da_Devil
Apprentice

Post by Da_Devil » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Spyder Mars wrote:Last time I dual booted my comp I used a program to split the partition. Since then I've had to reset my computer and now i have to part it all over again but i've lost the program. I've tried to look for tutorials on this but haven't found anything helpful(or that i can understand). Does anyone know of a "noob friendly" tutorial on how to partition a hard drive?
GParted live FTW.

Reagent
n00b

Post by Reagent » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm

that sounds about right but when i do not reccomend using easus parition manager because it is extremely hard to use.
Also, if you are installing a new version of ubuntu you can use the built in wubi when installing.
Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack Wabbajack

Find me on steam: [wdz]Agentof21
email: anagramofcool@gmail.com

jack kallis
n00b

Post by jack kallis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:24 am

You can manage partition by gparted software.You can dual boot.Gparted software creates multiple partition according to your need. :mrgreen:

BreadHog
Strike 1

Post by BreadHog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

There is an option in property menu of your My Computer. By using it you can create, delete and manage the partition of your hard disk. This is the way through which you can manage your hard disk.