How to fix my ps3 controller?

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
bcunty
n00b

How to fix my ps3 controller?

Post by bcunty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:28 am

i have been having this problem for years and years. i play cod much and my L3 controller is always loose now and it doesnt really click anymore because im constantly clicking it. i have bought like 5 controllers just because of this one freaking reason. i think ive had enough becuz controllers are just to expensive and im tired of the bs so im just wondering if someone has the same problem and were or how can it be fixed?

GhostHawk
Ex-Mod

Re: How to fix my ps3 controller?

Post by GhostHawk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

I've never had the same problem cause I fail at gaming and I always break my controller in half. The best thing to do would be to open it up and see where it failed. I have similar problems on different things to where a small plastic piece has broken. The way I fix problems like that is kinda weird but works. Plastic soldering. It takes a little practice but works great. Take a spare piece of plastic and a soldering iron and melt the plastic to reinforce the area of plastic that has failed.

That's just one method, it might help to open one up, take a picture of where it failed and post it here. Someone might have some good ideas to fix.

Either that or get out more. :p Just kidding. The sun is bad.
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. It is also my opinion, that I am an ass hole.

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Re: How to fix my ps3 controller?

Post by Thor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:19 pm

bcunty wrote:i have been having this problem for years and years. i play cod much and my L3 controller is always loose now and it doesnt really click anymore because im constantly clicking it. i have bought like 5 controllers just because of this one freaking reason. i think ive had enough becuz controllers are just to expensive and im tired of the bs so im just wondering if someone has the same problem and were or how can it be fixed?
Whale, I can tell you this from my experience in the electronics industry. Whenever we were designing something with buttons. You would try to implement buttons that would work for the received life of the "unit". Your probably playing so much, that your simply wearing the buttons out. My point is that buttons on units go through a test to approximate how long they will last. Or, at-least have some sort of rating.

A ps3 controller will be fairly low grade whereas an piece of avionics gear should have some high quality button mechanics on it. There probably isn't much you can do, buttons have a life expectancy on them when installed. Only thing I would suggest is replace the buttons with old controllers buttons, if you can find some old controllers. Shouldn't be to hard in a PS3 remote.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us