Challenge for website security hackers?

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
sup3rm4n
n00b

Challenge for website security hackers?

Post by sup3rm4n » Wed May 22, 2013 5:47 am

Hi!

I need help from you guys getting user/password for my exam notes in the subject of Hacking.
This is not an illegal request, we are supposed to "hack" our way into our exam notes, but i'am stuck at lecture 3.

Lecture 1,2,4 we have managed to do.

The page that we need the user/password for is: http://www.it.hiof.no/hacking/forelesning3.php

It may not say much to any of you but here is the info page: http://www.it.hiof.no/hacking/index.php ... ordnetplan

Also here is somewhat a clue from our proffesor"

"Have posted exam from spring 2011 under lecture 5 on the info page. Username / password is the same as in lecture 3 ..
(And no, it is not just to change "11" to "13" to find this year's task;-) "

The exam is on friday, so we are kind of in a hurry.

Thanks in advance!

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Challenge for website security hackers?

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri May 24, 2013 3:15 am

With just this info I can't say I'd know what to do. The fact that I can't read anything it says on any of the pages probably isn't helping either.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

sup3rm4n
n00b

Post by sup3rm4n » Fri May 24, 2013 10:28 am

Never mind. it was just a waste assignment from our teacher. Since the lecture was about social engineering we were supposed to just get it from him by fishing him or something.... Just told us when we asked for a clue :P

What a lousy challenge. Especially for the exam notes...

Anyway, exam went good!

Thanks for the time.

psilocybin
Sargeant at Arms

Post by psilocybin » Fri May 24, 2013 3:22 pm

glad to have been a help! come back when you have more homework that requires me to do nothing!

oh and if "social engineering" is going to be a requirement for the class, why don't you just use the ultimate social engineering attack, the "rubber hose" attack? kidnap a member of his family and hold them hostage until he gives you an A (or whatever the highest mark is for that class). he'll totally appreciate your initiative!

Thor
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Thor » Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm

contributing
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us