Is Java a good language for hacking?

A safe place for newbies. You won't get flamed here, as long as you've put in some effort before posting (i.e: Google)...
ScHacker23
Apprentice

Is Java a good language for hacking?

Post by ScHacker23 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:55 am

I recently learned Java and I found it quite useful. I've learnt the basics and I think Java is a good Programming Language but I don't know that its a good language for hacking or not.

So I've two questions here:

# Is Java a good language for hacking?, If its not then what are the alternatives, I mean for a beginner.

# Where can I find a good Java tutorial with reference to hacking?

# Please list all the alternate languages that are useful in hacking

I'm a newbie in hacking and Programming...
You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Is Java a good language for hacking?

Post by Cool_Fire » Sun May 26, 2013 7:25 am

ScHacker23 wrote:# Is Java a good language for hacking?
It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you're looking to write a remote exploit in it, it's fine just like any other language you can make a raw socket in is fine.
For local exploits, not so much. Unless you're actually targeting the JVM. If you're not the JVM is going to prevent you from doing anything really interesting on the local system.
If you're writing tools, sure. Whatever you're most comfortable with is generally a good choice then.
ScHacker23 wrote:# Where can I find a good Java tutorial with reference to hacking?
Really depends on which of the above options you're going after.
ScHacker23 wrote:# Please list all the alternate languages that are useful in hacking
ASM for both local and remote payloads in exploits. C/C++ for local exploits.
Every other common language for understanding the code you're exploiting and any code written by someone else that may be useful to you.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

Nullset
htd0rg lieutenant

Re: Is Java a good language for hacking?

Post by Nullset » Sun May 26, 2013 8:01 am

Is Java a good language for hacking?, If its not then what are the alternatives, I mean for a beginner.
I wouldn't really prefer Java. C and ASM are much more powerful for low level stuff.
Here is a tutorial. Google for more.
http://insecure.org/stf/smashstack.html
The things are easy to do in life are also easy not to do.
http://boundedbyfreedom.blogspot.in/