Free Network Analysis Tool

Link tools you like and want to share.
DevidHuang
n00b

Free Network Analysis Tool

Post by DevidHuang » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:45 am

No time or feature limits!

Unicorn network analyzer is an Ethernet network analyzer (aka. packet sniffer or protocol analyzer) for network monitoring and troubleshooting purposes. It performs real-time packet capturing, 24/7 network monitoring, advanced protocol analyzing, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosing.
Unicorn network analyzer offers a summary-to-detail, intuitive, easy-to-use graphical interface that network engineers can use to rapidly analyze and troubleshoot enterprise networks, Officers of a company can use to monitor user activity on network. it can also be used for debugging protocol implementations by aficionados that want to learn more about how network protocols work.

Click the URL www.ids-sax2.com/download/UnicornSetup(GOTD).exe to download Unicorn.
For tutorials, please visit http://www.ids-sax2.com//Unicorn/Tutorials/Howto.htm

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Free Network Analysis Tool

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:49 am

How would you say it compares to wireshark?

Also, you only get one of these. (Blatant advertising posts)
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

supermantech
n00b

Post by supermantech » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:29 am

I am curious too. I would like to know the comparison between this and wireshark?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 am

As far as I've seen this it is a little like this;
Unicorn is more a summarizing/reporting tool with some protocol inspection bits.
Wireshark is a packet inspection/dissection tool with some summarizing bits built in.

Wireshark will let you drill down to a specific byte in a packet but isn't very good at keeping large running totals and providing live summaries and metrics. Unicorn is much more suitable for such live views, but doesn't let you inspect/debug as deeply as wireshark.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.