In need of help regarding the password cracking method "Brute Force".

A safe place for newbies. You won't get flamed here, as long as you've put in some effort before posting (i.e: Google)...
sargasm
n00b

In need of help regarding the password cracking method "Brute Force".

Post by sargasm » Fri May 04, 2018 5:42 am

Is there any software for brute force which guesses passwords, I know that's the definition of Brute Force, BUT by that I mean a software that basically manually guesses passwords for ONLINE games.

All programs I've used are file-based, hatsh etc. I need a program which basically takes control of the computer and guesses every password possible, since it's not a file i'm trying to hack I seriously don't know how/what software to use.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: In need of help regarding the password cracking method "Brute Force".

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 am

In short; thc-hydra.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

sargasm
n00b

Post by sargasm » Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 am

Does Hydra work for online-games? I downloaded it through it’s ”complicated” GitHub-shit but didn’t get it start properly.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon May 07, 2018 9:01 am

Yes, it is built specifically to brute force a variety of online login methods, http forms included.

As for not being able to start it, there should be some pretty exhaustive setup guides on their github page. Where exactly are you getting stuck?
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!

sargasm
n00b

Post by sargasm » Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

Okay, so I downloaded thc hydra, but from here I have no idea what to do. I've looked through 20+ tutorials yet none of them actually says how to do it in HTML, (I basically want to brute force an account til I get the password on a silly online game). I don't know how to target a specific page, username etc. Please help

sargasm
n00b

Post by sargasm » Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 am

I want a specific user's pass, how do I brute force that? How do I specify the name and what site it is?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Wed May 09, 2018 3:00 am

To pick a small tutorial on the subject ...almost at random; https://github.com/radicallyopensecurit ... -html-form