Blackbuntu

All threads related to any flava of Linux or BSD.
astromech_kuhns
n00b

Blackbuntu

Post by astromech_kuhns » Mon May 02, 2011 12:26 am

Hey all,

I found this forum via google and thought i should tell you about a new pentesting distro called Blackbuntu! i am apart of this project as the head documenter. We are about to release our 0.3 version soon which will feature a 64bit and 32 bit architect support. we are based on ubuntu and use gnome instead of KDE.

Our main site http://www.blackbuntu.com/
Our Forum http://www.board.blackbuntu.com

We havent been around to long but for a new distro, its looking pretty promising. we get a lot of hits for our download everyday.

We are always looking for developers and contributes in anyway. or just users if you want :)

anyway, just wanted to let you guys know about us. we are rapidly growing and moving in a good direction!

Thanks!
Last edited by Cool_Fire on Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed mismatched URL tag.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Blackbuntu

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 am

Isn't Backtrack also based on Ubuntu now? And they too have announced 64-bit support for their upcoming release later this month.

Still, I've heard good things about it, so when the next release rolls around I'll fire it up in a VM and have a look at it :)
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

astromech_kuhns
n00b

Post by astromech_kuhns » Thu May 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Cool.

Yeah i forgot about this thread till just now sorry :D

Anyway, yeah were both based on ubuntu but we use gnome. now backtrack uses gnome to but it sucks.... it wouldnt boot for me unless in safe mode.... i wasnt very pleased with it at all.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 am

Since we've now passed the BT5 release date, we can say something more solid about this.

I've not had any trouble with it not booting myself, and BT5's gnome version seemed to be a little more responsive than the KDE version even.

Do you happen to know what exactly it hangs on for you?
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.