Hello!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it will fit here.
ApertureScience
n00b

Hello!

Post by ApertureScience » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:10 pm

I came here because I want to learn how to hack. I am also in other places on the internet such as Steam,Gamevial Community,Google +,and maybe a few other places that I might not remember. In Steam and the Gamevial Community,my username is C.L. In Google+,my name is Christopher Layman. I just came from HackForums because a group of people trolled my thread there where I told what I don't tolerate and might have gotten into a fight so I guess I'm banned there. I don't tolerate troll comments,by the way. I was in hack forums as Space Core because I like Portal 2 and space! I might make a new thread on the hack topic I want help with. Anyway,I'm here because I want to get help about hacking,and I think it will be better here than in HF. (For your information,I already read the rules.) I am used to the Gamevial Community,which uses XenForo software. I hope I enjoy it here and please,no trolling me.
Last edited by ApertureScience on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Hello!

Post by Cool_Fire » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Do you have any idea what you want to do exactly? People use the term "hacking" to describe all sorts of things these days.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:34 am

I'd like to learn mostly about password cracking on websites.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:10 am

Then I guess a good place to start would be web technology. Look at stuff like php and it's frameworks, ASP.NET is pretty common too. And just basic stuff how html/http forms/posts/gets/cookies and all that jazz work.

The idea is really that you know more about this sort of thing than the people who made the website since then you can spot their mistakes.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

I was looking for something more simple. I don't know coding stuff and things like that. I tried Havij and it didn't work. There were some missing files or something and there were runtime errors. It sucked. I hope there's a free password cracking program that will work and was not removed from websites and is easy to use. I have other things to do right now and I don't have time to learn coding stuff. If someone would give me a download link to something that is easy and still works,or crack the admin's password on the xenforo community and give it to me,that would be great! Until then,I'm SOL.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:27 pm

So basically you're saying you want to learn how to doubleclick hydra (and subsequently find out that brute forcing is almost always a giant waste of time since it's almost always caught and mitigated within a few attempts)?

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Cool_Fire wrote:So basically you're saying you want to learn how to doubleclick hydra (and subsequently find out that brute forcing is almost always a giant waste of time since it's almost always caught and mitigated within a few attempts)?
Not really hydra. I'm looking for something simple. I saw videos of simple password cracking and it actually worked. But I seem to be getting downloads that are either corrupt,missing files,or something. I need to get a password cracking program. But I did just see a video about getting passwords through the source in javascript on an old internet explorer. It might not work anymore.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:48 pm

ApertureScience wrote:Not really hydra.
Probably still your best bet for a brute forcing program.
ApertureScience wrote:I'm looking for something simple. I saw videos of simple password cracking and it actually worked. But I seem to be getting downloads that are either corrupt,missing files,or something. I need to get a password cracking program.
Sounds questionable. Any chance you can still find these videos so we can have a look?
ApertureScience wrote:But I did just see a video about getting passwords through the source in javascript on an old internet explorer. It might not work anymore.
This only ever worked when the website has the most pointless and useless excuse for authentication ever. On the bright side, if you find a website that still implements passwords that poorly the same tricks do still apply.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 am

Cool_Fire wrote:Probably still your best bet for a brute forcing program.
It runs Kali Linx. I run Windows. I tried virtual box and it didn't work. Any other working passwor cracking program? I heard about the most deadliest hacking program,but I'd have to buy it.
CoolFire wrote:Sounds questionable. Any chance you can still find these videos so we can have a look?
Here's a video. https://youtu.be/dZKGhbuNAJ8
CoolFire wrote:This only ever worked when the website has the most pointless and useless excuse for authentication ever. On the bright side, if you find a website that still implements passwords that poorly the same tricks do still apply.
I bet the sites I want to hack are aware of that. I'll need to find something that works.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 am

Let's gather up a group of good hackers you know can help me. I'll come up with a plan,and we get ready. Do you think we can do that? Also,there's another site I want to hack now. I want to hack the pixelexit website.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:20 am

If I may I'll aggregate my response of both posts in to one.

Let's start with the obvious shall we?
Hydra does not run Kali Linx. Hydra does not run Kali Linux either. Hydra does not run anything. It does run on Kali Linux so I'll move forward under the assumption this is what you meant.
So yes, it runs on Kali Linux, but not exclusively. It'll run quite happily on almost any Linux distribution. However if you're in Windows land I would suggest you download the Windows version.

On the youtube video, I've seen this program used before, it's just doing some SQL injection. If you want to do SQL injection go with sqlmap. (Or better yet, learn to do it manually so you know what it's doing and you can actually use the tools properly.)

ApertureScience wrote:Let's gather up a group of good hackers you know can help me. I'll come up with a plan,and we get ready. Do you think we can do that? Also,there's another site I want to hack now. I want to hack the pixelexit website.
Not to be a dick, but why would any good hacker, let alone a whole group be interested in helping you?

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:36 am

CoolFire wrote:Not to be a dick, but why would any good hacker, let alone a whole group be interested in helping you?
We need teamwork. People need to learn teamwork because one day they're going to have to do teamwork.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm not denying teamwork is a useful thing to learn. But this isn't the only place people can learn it and it hardly feels like a substantial enough reason on it's own for a "good hacker" to spend their precious time helping you hack some site they don't care about in the least.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Let's at least try to get some hackers to help. It's better to try than to not try.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:12 pm

:idea: I've been thinking. I need a proxy that would make it where my IP matches the admin's IP so they won't even notice that they were hacked.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Practically this means you need to use the admins machine as a proxy. Or at least a machine that's NAT'ed trough the same gateway.

But if you're attacking an admins machine, chances are that being able to use it as a proxy is a minor side-convenience. You would likely be able to keylog/cookie steal your way into the application fairly easily from that point.

However, I have a problem with the reasoning that "they won't even notice that they were hacked." You seem to be saying that the only possible way they can notice a hack going on is by seeing administrative logins from an unknown IP address. In reality they could use a plethora of intrusion and/or anomaly detection techniques to detect such behavior.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Cool_Fire wrote:Practically this means you need to use the admins machine as a proxy. Or at least a machine that's NAT'ed trough the same gateway.

But if you're attacking an admins machine, chances are that being able to use it as a proxy is a minor side-convenience. You would likely be able to keylog/cookie steal your way into the application fairly easily from that point.

However, I have a problem with the reasoning that "they won't even notice that they were hacked." You seem to be saying that the only possible way they can notice a hack going on is by seeing administrative logins from an unknown IP address. In reality they could use a plethora of intrusion and/or anomaly detection techniques to detect such behavior.
I get emails from xenforo about their updates. They just came up with a security update that makes it where people can't steal cookies or stuff. So, I guess the job is going to be more difficult on getting their IP. Maybe we should just do a straight attack. I would get on there and crack the admin's password so I can transfer the admin privileges and usergroup onto my account and drain them out of the original admin's account and the mutiny will begin over the xenforo community! *Maniacal laugh*

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:17 pm

ApertureScience wrote:I would get on there and crack the admin's password
You make it sound so easy. Chances are there's mitigation on doing online attacks, making it take years to get a password.
ApertureScience wrote:so I can transfer the admin privileges and usergroup onto my account and drain them out of the original admin's account and the mutiny will begin over the xenforo community!
Not sure how mutiny will help you. But odds are they'll notice straight away and reverse the transaction or just restore a backup.

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:22 am

Cool_Fire wrote:
ApertureScience wrote:I would get on there and crack the admin's password
You make it sound so easy. Chances are there's mitigation on doing online attacks, making it take years to get a password.
Or I would take away the admin's email and change their password so they can't log in or request a password reset.
Cool_Fire wrote:
ApertureScience wrote:so I can transfer the admin privileges and usergroup onto my account and drain them out of the original admin's account and the mutiny will begin over the xenforo community!
Not sure how mutiny will help you. But odds are they'll notice straight away and reverse the transaction or just restore a backup.
NOOOOO!! It can't be like this! It must take at least an hour or something!

ApertureScience
n00b

Post by ApertureScience » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Here's another thing. I just now reset my computer because there was a virus on it. I can't risk there being a virus on the hydra download. Someone's going to need to crack the admin passwords from the xenforo community, pixel exit community, and the hackforums community and me and give me the passwords. I know how to use xenforo so I should do the work from there. I don't know about hackforums, though. They don't use xenforo software.
Last edited by ApertureScience on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.