I want to be a Hacker!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it will fit here.
Jonathan Mb
n00b

I want to be a Hacker!

Post by Jonathan Mb » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 am

Good morning guys, I've always been in love with cyber security, being a hacker, not for negative purposes but for being something I've always loved and would like to be helped by please. !!

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: I want to be a Hacker!

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am

Being a hacker means a lot of different things to a lot of people, so it's a little hard to have some piece of advice that covers all cases. But in the broadest sense it usually comes down to learning all you can about a subject and tinkering and playing around with it to get it to do stuff it was never intended to do.

But if you have any more (specific) questions, feel free.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

Jonathan Mb
n00b

Post by Jonathan Mb » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:54 am

Cool_Fire wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am
Being a hacker means a lot of different things to a lot of people, so it's a little hard to have some piece of advice that covers all cases. But in the broadest sense it usually comes down to learning all you can about a subject and tinkering and playing around with it to get it to do stuff it was never intended to do.

But if you have any more (specific) questions, feel free.
thank you so much cool fire, for the reception and availability. I really want to learn about cyber security abc. Can I find an instructor here on this same case?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 am

Well, as far as fundamentals go, the fundamentals of cyber security are largely just fundamentals of IT & computer science. I would start with operating system architecture, networking, and some programming. Then, depending on what areas you're interested in, http/web stuff, crypo, binaries and reverse engineering, and some more programming in a language that suits your goals.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!

Jonathan Mb
n00b

Post by Jonathan Mb » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:10 am

Cool_Fire wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 am
Well, as far as fundamentals go, the fundamentals of cyber security are largely just fundamentals of IT & computer science. I would start with operating system architecture, networking, and some programming. Then, depending on what areas you're interested in, http/web stuff, crypo, binaries and reverse engineering, and some more programming in a language that suits your goals.
thanks again, i will do some research by the way. now some people say that to be a hacker you have to master kali Linux. is this true?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:26 am

No, this is not true. Not exactly anyway.

The Linux part;
It is very useful to learn about Linux and how to use it in general. Kali is a Linux distribution so working with it will give you some practical experience with that.

The Kali part;
What Kali adds are a lot of pre-configured and readily available tools and scripts to help with a variety of offensive and defensive IT-security tasks. While these tools and scripts are all available outside of Kali, it just makes it easier to install them by having them in their package repository.

The tools and scripts part;
While having tools and scripts is certainly helpful, generally you'll want to avoid using them until you know exactly what they do and how they do it. The idea here is that by knowing this, you'll be able to configure the tools properly for the situation, be able to debug it if something does not work, and be able to extend it if need be. Without this knowledge you'd be stuck running tools in their default configurations and hoping for the best. From personal experience I'd say that would work for maybe 5% for the tools included in Kali Linux. And it would in an optimal way for probably less than 1% of them.