Cain and Abel

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
ramia
n00b

Cain and Abel

Post by ramia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:41 am

first of all:

I cant retrieve my old account information, ramiia, can someone please reset my password and pm it here or e-mail to me? (one that is registered to this account. big thanks

second:

I wouldn't make this new account if only I can access the htorg.tddirc.net

third:

my main purpose, I left my airpcap adapter and its 11,250KM away from me, so is there a way to h@ck a wifi password without airpacap adapter or any external hardware/s?

I am on the net cafe right, just needed the connection very badly. thanks

hoping to hear answers soon

PS: hope this thread will give me an email notification that someone has replied or something....

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Cain and Abel

Post by Cool_Fire » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:44 am

As long as you have an internal wifi adapter that supports promiscuous mode that should be all you need.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

ramiia
Corporal

Post by ramiia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 pm

that then the big problem, is there any work around like other programs that really don't require me any external hardwares? or is it really a necessity to have a wifi adapter that supports promiscuous mode? in all programs out there that can sniff out passwords on wifi?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 am

It is absolutely required by all programs. If your wifi card is not in promiscuous mode it will only pass frames to the OS that are broadcast messages or meant for you specifically so you won't capture anyone else's traffic and you'll have nothing to crack.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 am

On a related note: Promiscuous mode is supported by most wifi adapters. It not being available is usually due to the windows driver not implementing it. It's well worth seeing if your internal card supports promiscuous mode with the Linux driver. In that case you could just boot kali and have all the tools you need to crack wifi ready to go.