Can someone please help clarify this for me?

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
DarkgirlOne
n00b

Can someone please help clarify this for me?

Post by DarkgirlOne » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:04 am

I was told by one of my friends that they got someone who knows how to hack, hack a certain persons computer.

This person has had no physical contact with the computer they supposedly hacked.

This person was able to get their e-mails and view their history and which websites they viewed for and how long they viewed then for.

Is this possible to do? I want to find out if I'm being lied to or not. I've seen these supposed e-mails.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Can someone please help clarify this for me?

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:41 am

If you can access to someones computer you can get whatever information you want out of it. If your target isn't too security conscious it's not only possible but really fairly trivial to get some piece of malware on their pc that gives you remote access.

However, if all you've seen is email it's possible they only have access to an email account.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

DarkgirlOne
n00b

Post by DarkgirlOne » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks for your reply,

However. This computer that was hacked was halfway around the world from the hacker. The hacker knew the address of the person because the person who got them to hack it is sort of friends with "victim" as you could say. But, this person who asked them to hack the victim, has never had psychical contact with the computer. So, is it still possible?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:49 am

In short; Yes.

Physical access or proximity is not a requirement.
Cool_Fire wrote:If you can access to someones computer you can get whatever information you want out of it.
The absence of any reference to 'physical' in that sentence intentional. :smile:
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.