Modem log in

Get the latest on wired & wireless, talk network setups, get help with connectivity problems, web hosts, etc.
ramiia
Corporal

Modem log in

Post by ramiia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:09 am

I would like to make a public wifi which anyone can connect at, after connecting it will redirect to a log in page kinda like those from hotels and certain establoshments, i only have a default modem with built in wifi made by zykel thanks in advancce

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Modem log in

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm

dd-wrt has support for that, if you have a wifi ap that supports it that's probably your best bet.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

ramiia
Corporal

Post by ramiia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:22 am

Does this means i need to buy a modem/router that supports dd-wrt? As i find no reference from my telco owned issued modem about dd-wrt...

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 am

You can check if any hardware you have is supported here:
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Besides that there are a few consumer Cisco/Linksys routers that were built with dd-wrt support in mind.

If you're looking for a full list of supported devices to pick one from: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

supersu
n00b

Post by supersu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:23 am

ramiia wrote:Does this means i need to buy a modem/router that supports dd-wrt? As i find no reference from my telco owned issued modem about dd-wrt...

DDw-wrt is a custom frimware for modem/router like Cynagen mode for andorid mobiles. You can flash the DDWRT frimware like flashing mobilephone. first make sure they will support the router model. DDWRT is one is the trusted and has a amazing community for support.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.