Pass Help

This is where members can submit tutorials that they have created on any computing related subject.
hackernewbie
Banned

Pass Help

Post by hackernewbie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:11 pm

I recently used this method to get back on my computer because i forgot the pass its really simple and only takes about 5 minutes

Ok so if you are locked out of the computer and you don't know your pass the first reboot the computer and for my computer you press the f8 key to go to this thing that i dont know what it is then go to safe mode in command prompt then it will take you to another screen where it says something about Microsoft whistler or something choose that (only option) then it will take you to the login screen where you enter the password for your user account on that computer but it should also have THE Administrator account choose that one (has snowflake for a picture) then it will go into safe mode with a command prompt there type net user it will show the accounts that are on your computer find the one you want and type net user "user" (put the account you want between quotations) then * hit enter it will prompt you to type new password and then retype password do this then reboot your box and your in

NOTE: I think this works on all windows platforms but im running off XP so i dont really know the complete code is net user "user" * then press enter
this assumes that the admin account has not been passworded
Last edited by hackernewbie on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone have some spare bird flu?

fivefold
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by fivefold » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 pm

this is wrong.

1.) it assumes that the admin account has not been passworded.

2.) you are not in the BIOS when you do this. THIS is the BIOS:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... tility.jpg
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

The Boss
Hacker in Training

Post by The Boss » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:50 am

and this will only work on windows xp and 2000. NOT all windows platforms.
The air around me is always a balmy 78 degrees.

hackernewbie
Banned

Post by hackernewbie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:28 am

ya i know i was thinking that when i wrote it but i didn't word it right or something i don't remember
Anyone have some spare bird flu?