Temporary Sticky: Phreaking Tutorials

All you've ever wanted to know about Phreaking. Many of the actions described in these tuts are illegal. They are presented for informational purposes only.
Net Battle Bot
Owns you

Temporary Sticky: Phreaking Tutorials

Post by Net Battle Bot » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:38 pm

As you will have noticed, there are now some tutorials on Phreaking by various authors. I have gotten permission by Decimalz to post them here since I have taken them from his site at http://decimalz.xillioncomputers.com. Definately worth checking out!

At the moment all the tutorials deal with Australian telecommunications systems, however remember this does not mean that you won't learn anything from them or that they won't provide you with anything you might need or find useful. I will hopefully be posting tutorials from many countries, so if you'd like me to put up a particular tutorial or find some quality tutorials from your country, PM me and I'll try and get in contact with a couple more authors or find something you that directly relates to you.
Without practice one cannot prove; without proof one cannot be trusted; without trust one cannot be respected.

COSMIC SPLASH
n00b

Re: Temporary Sticky: Phreaking Tutorials

Post by COSMIC SPLASH » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm

what is phreaking?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Temporary Sticky: Phreaking Tutorials

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 pm

COSMIC SPLASH wrote:what is phreaking?
It's basically a name to encompass all the hacking stuff that has to do with the telephone system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phreaking

It's pretty much died out now because almost all the analog systems have been replaced and there's simply not as much you can easily do with the newer stuff. That and the general decline of telephone usage of course.
There is a lot of new stuff happening with cell phone stuff but this is generally not referred to as phreaking. At least not that I've heard.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.