how does one work around a borland dalphi 2.0 overlay in oll

Link tools you like and want to share.
just_tryin_joe
n00b

how does one work around a borland dalphi 2.0 overlay in oll

Post by just_tryin_joe » Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I have tried my best. Not a tech guru but need help.

I have a program id like to crack but searching for the error code after typing in the incorrect pin gives me nothing.
I suppose its due to the code being changed or compressed by Borland Dalphi. But have no way of working around it. .
Any help will do.
Thanks

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: how does one work around a borland dalphi 2.0 overlay in

Post by Cool_Fire » Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 am

It sounds like you're trying to do some sort of reverse engineering task. The usual "industry standard" is probably IDA Pro. If you're on windows, olydbg is a good choice too.
But really the problem lies in how the application uses the PIN code. If it's just a check if it's the PIN it expects it might be pretty easy to bypass just by patching the a (few) JMP instruction(s). However, if it uses the PIN as part of a mechanism to encode or encrypt data in the application, your problem becomes significantly more difficult.

But perhaps you should explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do exactly because I can't shake the feeling it's not exactly what I think it is.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.