Does anyone have a part of "john the ripper" called zip2john

Need a tool? Ask here if someone knows one that does what you need, or maybe someone can even write you one.
madmax0r
n00b

Does anyone have a part of "john the ripper" called zip2john

Post by madmax0r » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Great Forum.

I have been looking for quite a while and have been yet to find an installation of John the ripper that includes the extra tools, not rar2john zip2john even unshadow wasn't... there are like 6 or 7 of them

Looking for source code or whatever I can get, will be used on Kali. I'm amazed Kali didn't have it included, John itself is...?

Thanks in advance

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Does anyone have a part of "john the ripper" called zip2

Post by Cool_Fire » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Both these tools are part of the jumbo package of john and their source can be found in the john jumbo github repo: https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnThe ... -jumbo/src

I suspect the reason the jumbo package of john isn't included in Kali by default is because of size considerations. As the name would suggest the jumbo package is quite a bit larger than the standard john package. I further suspect that they will still have the jumbo package in their repos so odds are you'll be able to apt-get install it.

In addition to john, the kali-linux-pwtools meta-package contains utilities specialized for cracking archives. (Including a tool that will utilize the GPU to do so, unless my memory is playing tricks on me.)
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

madmax0r
n00b

Re: Does anyone have a part of "john the ripper" called zip2

Post by madmax0r » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Great Reply, much appreciated

-MM