How do I hack?

A safe place for newbies. You won't get flamed here, as long as you've put in some effort before posting (i.e: Google)...
Pleo
Guru

Post by Pleo » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 am

wait ... are you saying there are more ways to hack a machine other than through netbios, and furthermore that netbios doesn't work. That means I can't hax the CIA!
There once was a lawyer named Rex
Who was small in the organs of sex.
When charged with exposure
He replied with composure,
De minimus non curat lex.

tri407tiny
n00b

Post by tri407tiny » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:22 pm

visit http://www.freewebs.com/aquillersteam/index.htm and talk to them or ask there newbs forums they helped mii :D
hacking is the way a genussie learns,not what N0obS call a crime

premsantosh
n00b

FTP Hack

Post by premsantosh » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:25 am

I know that one can connect to the FTP port of a server and through ftp commands can download the useful files. But the problem is that in resent FTP ports the 'guest' and the 'anonymous' logins are disabled. Hence one has to know the appropriate user name and password to get connected, which again brings me to square one.
Can anyone help me out with this. Is there a way to get the user name and password, or is there any other way to get connected?
Lifez short, Live it whole!!

v
Sargeant at Arms

Post by v » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 am

Jeffrey Carl wrote: A hAx0r is a k3wl d00d, has l33t sKillZ with a r00t k1t and 0wNz y00. You too can be a hacker if you:
a) read the "Buqtraq" mailing list but have no idea what any of it is about,
b) show your "mad skillz" by eventually figuring out how to download SNES ROMs,
c) have the requisite number of pimples.
Cake, and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Click here now and - CAKE - will be served immediately!

.:titancow:.
n00b

Post by .:titancow:. » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:03 pm

hope i can hack soon...

v
Sargeant at Arms

Post by v » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:40 pm

.:titancow:. wrote:hope i can hack soon...
no u
Cake, and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Click here now and - CAKE - will be served immediately!

vegit
n00b

Re: FTP Hack

Post by vegit » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:41 pm

premsantosh wrote:I know that one can connect to the FTP port of a server and through ftp commands can download the useful files. But the problem is that in resent FTP ports the 'guest' and the 'anonymous' logins are disabled. Hence one has to know the appropriate user name and password to get connected, which again brings me to square one.
Can anyone help me out with this. Is there a way to get the user name and password, or is there any other way to get connected?
Social Engineering helps. That's about it unless you want to try to pull a list off of the database of login's and pw's, however most likely all of it is encrypted.
If you think you are good, I'm Better.
If you think you are fast, I'm faster.
And If you think you've won, you have already lost.

nickmo05
n00b

Brutus -AET2 trouble?

Post by nickmo05 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:01 am

Hey everyone this is my first post so don't flame me up for the question if it's not up to ya'll standards. I have an IBM Thinkpad running windows xp pro. AT&T is my ISP. I swear someone is hacking my account but I cant prove it yet. I read about some network monitoring tools and I have just started using those, but thats another subject. I have been using Brutus trying to see if there is anyway I can hack my password through the default gateway (192.168.1.254). I have used Brutus word attacks and Brute force attakcs but i'm not sure if I even have it working correctly? I looked at a lot of tutorials of the program and a few youtube videos but nothing looks like what i'm trying to do. Can anyone help? It will be much appreciated. By the way this is my first forum that I signed up for and I really want to become a hacker and i'm taking the steps to become one as well as getting my Cert's. I goto school at Remington College for CNT. This is my 7th quarter and I would love to have some guys on the net that hack and that i can talk to like my family know what i mean. Sorry for the long post but if u can help than let me know? thanks.
Crap happens. Crap stinks.
The smelly forest of life.
In the end, still crap.

Smiley
Sargeant at Arms

Post by Smiley » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:19 am

Why don't you check if it's working by setting your routers password to something the bruteforcer would easily guess?

nickmo05
n00b

I can't.

Post by nickmo05 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:47 pm

I can get to my router and change the password but i was trying to get the password for my at&t account. Everything in my house is wireless so I just so happen to do this on my lappy instead of on the desktop. I can just call them on monday but I was trying to learn something new and do it myself without there help and possibly I can see how vulnerable my network really is. I tried to follow the guides step by step process but i'm not sure how it would work if i only wanted to enter a password instead of username:password. I appreciate cha answering the question. I'm just a curious fart drifting through the wind. lmao
Crap happens. Crap stinks.
The smelly forest of life.
In the end, still crap.

sickone
n00b

Post by sickone » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:39 am

:o

smokr
n00b

Re: How do I hack?

Post by smokr » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:47 am

Thank you guys very much! And yes, I call myself Smokr and I prefer to use HS instead of High School.
And the keylogger worked well enough, thank you. I could not see what others said but I was able to read his messages. I was right to be worried and also right to trust him. I was surprised by what my son had to say quite often but then, he is 14 now after all.
If anyone else has a similar situation I suggest the same solution. While I was unable to read what was sent to my son I was able to read what he wrote back. In some cases I wish I hadn't but in most I was quite proud of him. I suggest this to any parent who is worried about their child's online activities.
Before you ask I did remove it after a while and have just put it back again for a short period to make sure he is behaving himself. I will remove it again I am sure.
My proudest moment was.........
I said no way and meant it so no way I will tell you where and if you ask again your gone!!!!!!

He apparently blocked the person and immediately told several others about his attempts to find out personal information. He was asking my son where he lived and for his phone number.
*PROUD POP SMILE*

genjutsu01
n00b

Post by genjutsu01 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 am

study, study, study, study, study

its no different from school, the answers are not going to be given to you, people will give you a point in the right direction but they will never do the work for you, theres hundreds of tuts on this site that will help and also if your wanting to learn the art, google is your best friend
I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Will9404
n00b

Re:

Post by Will9404 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:34 am

p99 wrote:If you want to hack sites......Start off by learning wbout what goes into making a
website. If you know how the web languages work. You will have a much greater chance of finding errors in a site's coding.

Also start small. Make some kind of server on your own network and practice hacking it. Then it's not so bad if you get caught :wink:
This is actually a really good idea. I wonder if using my old PC as a sever would work.

octall
n00b

hacking a chat program

Post by octall » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 pm

I am trying to hack into a chat program.
Mxit.
It is a chat program one uses on your mobile, but you can load it on your pc as well. I have loaded the program on the pc, and I am trying to find the url that it connects to so I can use brutus to try and hack into a user accoutn there. What can I use to find the url it connects to? I need the url in order to hack with brutus??? help please

NoUse
time traveller

Re: hacking a chat program

Post by NoUse » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:04 pm

octall wrote:I am trying to hack into a chat program.
Mxit.
It is a chat program one uses on your mobile, but you can load it on your pc as well. I have loaded the program on the pc, and I am trying to find the url that it connects to so I can use brutus to try and hack into a user accoutn there. What can I use to find the url it connects to? I need the url in order to hack with brutus??? help please
Try using a network sniffer to see where the client is sending the username/pass to.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord
when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

octall
n00b

Post by octall » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:29 am

I used HDD acurate network monitor to see where the program connects to and I get 196.7.154.125:9119

NoUse
time traveller

Post by NoUse » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 am

octall wrote:I used HDD acurate network monitor to see where the program connects to and I get 196.7.154.125:9119
Good job! I'm surprised that you actually did it.

Anyways, jsut by doing a quick google search I can tell you that, that is the correct port for mxit. Now your next step would be to figure out the protocol.

And again, by doing a quick google search I found this (a wiki for the mxit protocol):

http://wikihost.org/wikis/mxitwiki/wiki/start

which then lead me to the login/logout procedure

http://wikihost.org/wikis/mxitwiki/wiki ... and_logout

which has all the information you need to code YOUR OWN brute force application. Brutus or any other popular brute force app is probably not coded for the mxit protocol. It's time for you to go learn C my friend:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9384

This is what hacking is all about.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord
when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

sophiamoniquesm
n00b

Post by sophiamoniquesm » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 am

Is hacking a crime?

Aiden
Administrator

Post by Aiden » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 am

sophiamoniquesm wrote:Is hacking a crime?
If you gain unauthorized access to a computer, that's a crime.

If you're authorized (if it's your own server, or you're hired by a company to test their security [see: penetration testing], etc) then it's not a crime.

I'm sure someone else could elaborate on that more; I just gave the rule of thumb.