How do I hack?

A safe place for newbies. You won't get flamed here, as long as you've put in some effort before posting (i.e: Google)...
ckm020415
n00b

Re: How do I hack?

Post by ckm020415 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:48 am

drusepth, i know this is some kind of stupid question. But I lived in Philippines where computer teaching lessons/subjects are very poor and I think sometimes it's better to shift another course rather graduating a computer related course without any knowledge!I love this kind of works bro and I want to learn more and I am very willing to learn...I need advice from you and all the people outhere, where should I start??..tnx alot..by the way I learned alot from this site better than the lessons teach by my teachers..

wesley762
n00b

Post by wesley762 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello im am new to this forum but read some of the aritcles and posts here,
And i think this forum is the place for me and hope its stil alive.
Atleast thats what im wondering.

Anyway,
i am 19 years old always been intrested in computers. and know alot about Windows OS's from 3.11 to Vista.
But now i want something diffrent.
I want to learn how to really hack and crack i know it takes years but i want to get started on it.
What i want to learn is to crack into people's systems and writing programs to do so.
Ive read alot of articles and got myself started on learning programming languages.

Ive started on Python as my first Programming language ive booted up a Linux Distro called Backtrack 3 (i want To use Navynos but internet wont start so im letting that be for now)
I've always been intrested in Linux and programming etc.i dont know *** about Linux yet.. but strongly willing to learn and since i always read everywhere that its beter to hack/crack with Linux than with Windows so i decided that that's where im going.

That for the background information to describe where i am right now and my situation.
Now for my questions. Would really appriciate if these could be answered.

1. Is my tought true on that linux is a better tool for hacking/cracking computer systems and programming programs to do so.

2. What language would be best to learn after Python and is Python a handy language to understand for hacking/cracking ?

Is "Backtrack 3" a good Linux distro to do the job ? http://backtrack.offensive-security.com

4. another "rare" (Gentoo based) distro that im truely facinated with Is "Navynos".
Is this good distro to hack/crack/program ?
if so is there anyone on this forum that knows something about this distro or experience with it ?
The documentation on this distro is very poor so hoping to find help on this subject on this forum.
(i do own a copy of the last version 2005.01) http://navynos.linux.pl/

would it be a must to learn all of those computer language's like : C, C++, perl, LISP, Java, HTML ?

If these questions could be answered i would really appriciate it.
Atleast il know then if im not wasting my time learning useless stuff,
not that anything is really useless all this stuff really facinates me and,
altho it will take years to get to a respectable hacking/cracking/programming Knowledge,
I am hungry for more..

Greetings and Thanks in Advance,
Wesley762

GhostHawk
Ex-Mod

Post by GhostHawk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:13 am

Can tell you a few things to learn as far as infosec is concerned.

1. Learn linux like the back of your hand, but windows knowledge is great too. I'm not sure if I would specifically call linux a hack tool, but does come with a lot of tools that can aid you in hacking.

2. Learn VMWare. Setup virtual machines and hack those. Not as fun, I know, but will keep you out of a lot of trouble. This is also a very cool new tool for learning. Turn-key PenTest Lab http://heorot.net/forums/ .

3. Get a book on something such as the Certified Ethical Hacker, or Comptia Security+. A lot of conceptual type things, but it's best to learn the methodologies, learn what hacking is all about, learn what it is to be a hacker.

These are my tips for you. Good luck.
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. It is also my opinion, that I am an ass hole.

wesley762
n00b

Post by wesley762 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

GhostHawk wrote:Can tell you a few things to learn as far as infosec is concerned.

1. Learn linux like the back of your hand, but windows knowledge is great too. I'm not sure if I would specifically call linux a hack tool, but does come with a lot of tools that can aid you in hacking.

2. Learn VMWare. Setup virtual machines and hack those. Not as fun, I know, but will keep you out of a lot of trouble. This is also a very cool new tool for learning. Turn-key PenTest Lab http://heorot.net/forums/ .

3. Get a book on something such as the Certified Ethical Hacker, or Comptia Security+. A lot of conceptual type things, but it's best to learn the methodologies, learn what hacking is all about, learn what it is to be a hacker.

These are my tips for you. Good luck.
GhostHawk i thank you for your info i can sure use it.

I already know a bit on VMWare and how to set it up. The thing is im at the real basics still learning the language's to hack with. So the hacking itself will take some time before im capable of doing this.

Now i hope anyone else can answer my questions on the Distro's and still hoping there is someone out there that Knows the Gentoo Based Distro Navynos. Id love to work with this distro but its so poorly documented that i dont have an other choice then to search people with personal experience.
(see my previous post for the questions)

Thanks to GhostHawk and i hope some other people can answer the rest of my questions :)

Thanks in advance,
Wesley762

lhrleader
n00b

Post by lhrleader » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:32 am

thank you for the tutorial

Dylan11741
n00b

Post by Dylan11741 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 pm

OHAI THAR.

So, I just registered today. And hopefully, I won't be the typical noob. I really don't plan on asking any of you how to hack my mom's yahoo so I can reset my Warcraft parental controls. I really just wanted to say hi, and kinda introduce myself here.

So, to get the pedobears excited, I'm 13 years old, and I've always thought I'm what the old men would call a "wiz" at computers. I'm not sure what that means, as I've always understood that "computers" is a really large and complex topic. I really can do anything I wish on a computer, that's legal and that the average teenager could do. I've been using computers and the internet since I was two years old, and ever since then I've been learning more and more. I started building Freewebs websites (In the HTML mode, if you're familiar with Freewebs) to get a better understanding of really basic coding and how websites work.

Hacking... I became fascinated with hacking about 3 years ago. (Age 10) I wanted to learn so badly. I began by hacking Runescape accounts (made 600 bucks on paypal =D) which was really immature, but to me that was hacking. I've been reading for three long years on hacking. I've been trying to learn and learn, and I've apparently been deceived. This thread has told me a lot. But I'm really ready to learn the real shit right now. I also realize none of you are gonna spoon feed me your endless knowledge of programming and "computers" I'd like to say hi to the board, and thanks for being here with all your amazing tutorials. I've not got a chance to read any of them yet, as I've only read this, but I've looked through what's there, and I think I'll be sitting on my ass all night, reading.

I'm not sure why I've posted such a long introduction. I think I just wanna show you I'm not the typical little 13 year old "how to hak hotmal pls?" Anyway, thanks, and if you read this, you may consider yourself a pedo =]

Aiden
Administrator

Post by Aiden » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm not a pedo if I'm also underage. ;)
"When it takes forever to learn all the rules, no time is left for breaking them."

ParoxysmX
n00b

Post by ParoxysmX » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Oh, you.

carnagelan
n00b

Post by carnagelan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:26 am

Hi guys

I am on yahoo messenger on a daily basis and this guy annoys the living **** out of me and a friend, so what i did was created a new yahoo id and basically became best friends with him now, which he doesn't know it is really me(annoyed one)

Now when you do file transferring through yahoo it users p2p technology so i should beable to then get his ip though netstat. I need to know what port does yahoo use for file trancefering so i could then get his ip.

Searched google and some guys say it is 5050 but i am not sure as if i go to netstat -an without any file trancer sometimes there will be an ip address there with a port been used and it is 5050, can anyone confirm this for me?

If i cant get that right i could telnet into a yahoo smtp server and send an email from admins at yahoo.com for example BUT i can telnet into the yahoo server which is(smtp.mail.yahoo.com) on port 25 and do my usual helo mail.yahoo.com.

Then when i type in mail from i get this error "530 authentication required" Can i get passed this
I know an email from yahoo them selves would scare the crap out of this person.

Aiden
Administrator

Post by Aiden » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:04 pm

For your first question, carnegalan, let me bestow upon you a trick.

Instead of using netstat when you're making the file transfer and looking for the connection on a certain port to find his IP, you can do an additional netstat immediately before making the file transfer. That way, you can just compare the two netstats and the second one should have one extra connection - the IP of the guy you're transferring to. :wink:
"When it takes forever to learn all the rules, no time is left for breaking them."

carnagelan
n00b

Post by carnagelan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 pm

drusepth wrote:For your first question, carnegalan, let me bestow upon you a trick.

Instead of using netstat when you're making the file transfer and looking for the connection on a certain port to find his IP, you can do an additional netstat immediately before making the file transfer. That way, you can just compare the two netstats and the second one should have one extra connection - the IP of the guy you're transferring to. :wink:
ahh thanks man, never thought of that. Then once i get his ip i could do a trace and see where his isp is the correct one, and that way i'll know weather it is his by checking what country the isp is in. I know his not in the US and that will be easier to find out as if i trace all the yahoo ip's which leads me to the US. I then can do some social engineering and give the isp a call with his IP :)

shadowlogic
n00b

Post by shadowlogic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:59 am

IceDane wrote:This has got to be stickied eventually.

Look, hacking is not a product, it's a process. Metaphorically speaking; you can't just ingest a pill and become Mr. Zero_Cool. You can however, invest time and brainpower, destroy your social life to the brink of non-existence and learn.

There is no "solid fundamental hacking base", "basic hacking terms" or "hacking basics."

The concept of hacking is such a broad concept that it has no "basics."

Basically, what I'm saying, is that you should find an area that interests you, and dig in.

Perhaps you find it interesting how computers communicate. If so, you would look into TCP/IP and all its underlying protocols.
Maybe the inner workings of computers dazzle you, which would then lead to the hardware.

Maybe you like all of it? Maybe you crave knowledge like an average american craves a BigMac? Then just find a starting point and dig in.

A prime example of a starting point would be the collection of tutorials we have here on hackerthreads.

[/rant]
Not much to add except that I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine in my youth was simply interested in computer systems (IBM machine at the time). At the time we were both about 14, and I most certainly couldn't understand his draw, rather infatuation with the system he had set up? Or the value behind his passion at the time? Needless to say, I don't know what my friend is doing now, but he was involved with code far before he was familiar with the term "hacking". To that end, this person was simply dedicated to learning computers inside and out as they were at that time.
Personally, I would love if I had code potential...but I don't. I seriously have no interest in many aspect of hacking.
The learning process is far too long. If I were to compare it to anything, I would likely compare it(the process) to dedicating ones self to learning any 3D modeling program.
So that last statement beckons "Why am I here if I don't want to hack?"
I can't answer that. A piece of me wants to be in the loop (education junkie).
In part I envy what I think takes a mathematical mind to hack, regardless of what area of hacking is sought. In that mindset, this is why I know I probably could never do it. And...I procrastinate. I can easily spend 10 hours at the computer, but I bore ...probably not as easily as most, but more easily than the time involved in learning how to learn computer language enough to suit my purpose/s.
Certainly not something for the faint of heart. And not an overnight process.
Kudos

kalmah
n00b

Post by kalmah » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 am

teach me

sammydahaka
n00b

Post by sammydahaka » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:27 am

hello i have a Faronics Anti-exe software on my work computer that i want help on cracking or discovering the master password for .... can any one help?

devil
n00b

Post by devil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:59 am

hey i recently got scammed and i need to teach this person a lesson about doing that to other people but its been so long since i did anything like that can anyone help me out?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:12 pm

devil wrote:hey i recently got scammed and i need to teach this person a lesson about doing that to other people but its been so long since i did anything like that can anyone help me out?
If it's nothing illegal you were trying to buy, I'd say going to police or paypal (if that's what you used) would be a better idea, but if you post some more details, I could see if there's anything obvious when I have some spare time.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

devil
n00b

Post by devil » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Cool_Fire wrote:
devil wrote:hey i recently got scammed and i need to teach this person a lesson about doing that to other people but its been so long since i did anything like that can anyone help me out?
If it's nothing illegal you were trying to buy, I'd say going to police or paypal (if that's what you used) would be a better idea, but if you post some more details, I could see if there's anything obvious when I have some spare time.
it was for a job thing they had me post ads on craigs list and when they were going to pay me they took my bank info to do wire transfer and after 5 hours said they will update me on the transfer soon and then they never answered me again i see them get on yahoo messenger atleast 3 times a day but wont reply to one thing i send

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:25 am

Haha, I can't believe you fell for that. Anyway, if you really don't want to bring any legal charges to them, if they have a website or something you can try to hit them there. But you're not going to get your money that way. You can also try to get to their personal computers.

You'll have to pick a plausible attack vector and just start to dig around for some weakness.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

consoleman
n00b

Post by consoleman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi guys I'm new to this forum discussion,
I'm very interested in getting to know everybody from here.

I like to start from basics,
direct me to get essential tools and 'how to" etc.. Coz I'm very lazy & too dame busy :lol:

Anyway, nice to meet you guys!

MJCRO
n00b

Post by MJCRO » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:08 pm

What's going on guys. I'm new here at the forums looking to learn a bit.

I'm very good with the hardware aspect of PC's so don't hesitate to ask if you need help! :rolleyes:

Great to have joined and I hope I can contribute to the forum. :grin:
Intel i7 2600K @ 5.1Ghz / HT On / 1.45v
16GB G.Skill Sniper 1866Mhz CAS9 RAM @ 2133Mhz
Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 Rev. 1.0
EVGA GTX 580 Classified 3GB @ Stock [1Ghz+]
PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK.II 950W