Having Doubts c/c++/java/html/css just ask me

Talk about any languages right here. Share and discuss source, but don't expect your homework to be done for you.
worldblackstar
n00b

Having Doubts c/c++/java/html/css just ask me

Post by worldblackstar » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 am

Hi friends i am here to help you for c, c++,java,html,css. If you have any doubts ,just ask me. If i know the answere, i will help you

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Re: Having Doubts c/c++/java/html/css just ask me

Post by Cool_Fire » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Do you also know the answere to any English questions I might have?
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!
Hackerthreads chat, where the party is going 24/7.

worldblackstar
n00b

Post by worldblackstar » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm

sorry friend. I can help only for programming language.

HackerThreadsUser
n00b

Post by HackerThreadsUser » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 am

Edit: Never mind, I found the problem. I placed the typedef before an other typedef.

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 am

Is Java a good language for hacking? or I should stick to Visual Basic....cuz Java is good and easy to learn but VB is slow and bugs me with too much subs. On the other hand Java is easy to learn and productive but one drawback is the Byte-Code compilation. Java uses an intermediate byte code that is run using an interpreter but VB directly compiles into machine code.

Which one is better for hacking?
You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

psilocybin
Sargeant at Arms

Post by psilocybin » Mon May 27, 2013 6:49 pm

between Java and visual basic, I'd say that neither is specifically suited to hacking (although I'm sure Java has good sockets support and libraries for network based stuff), so I would just say to go with the one you are more comfortable with for now so that you can learn the fundamental skills needed for programming. I'm kinda leaning more towards Java though because I'm not sure how popular visual basic is anymore.

I think deciding what language you want learn as your first based purely on which you think will be better for hacking is misguided. you need to learn to walk before you can run. to that end something like python could be great, of course java is good too. if you insist on something closer to the machine for hacking, C is the classic stand-by. I definitely advise you to learn C eventually anyway just as a way to learn how memory works at a low level, but probably not as your first language. once you choose a language, just practice and learn until you are pretty good at programming before trying to become the 1337est of hackers. it will take a long time. not trying to discourage you but it just will, unless you're only really interested in being a perpetual script kiddy.

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am

You confused me....Looks like that Java is best for me, I've learnt it from the very beginning and I'm getting used to it. But I don't have a good idea about how to write web-exploits in Java, so can you please give me a good tutorial of Java with reference to hacking. I'll be grateful to you.....
You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm

ScHacker23 wrote:But I don't have a good idea about how to write web-exploits in Java, so can you please give me a good tutorial of Java with reference to hacking.
I don't think such a thing exists. (At least I've not seen it.)
What you should be looking for is:
Something about networking and sockets in Java.
Something about http(s) in java if you're looking at web attacks specifically.
Something about web attacks.

And these three loose things aren't that hard to find.
If we're breaking the rules, then how come you can't catch us? You can't find us? I know why. Cause, it's ... MAGIC!

psilocybin
Sargeant at Arms

Post by psilocybin » Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm

what I'm trying to say is, that the language doesn't really matter. java's fine. hacking is about finding problems in other peoples' code, which means that you basically have to understand some aspect of someone's code better than the person who wrote it, so you can exploit a bug. once you learn how to think like a programmer, learning another language takes very little time, so splitting hairs over which language is the best for hacking is misguided.

if you just want to understand how an exploitation works, go to any of the exploit databases and just read code. if your end goal is to just be able to run other peoples' exploits then the only skill you need is learning to compile things written in several languages. otherwise, you just need to become very good at programming, and read a few articles about hacking, and most of it should just come to you at that point.

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 am

Ok, I understand what you're trying to say here. but...

I've one more question:

# Writing HTML is very important for a hacker, but how does it helps?

Please will you explain it.

Nullset
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Nullset » Fri May 31, 2013 1:27 am

Writing HTML is not very important for a hacker. Although HTML is fairly easy to learn. You can do it on your own.
The things are easy to do in life are also easy not to do.
http://boundedbyfreedom.blogspot.in/

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:13 am

I've another question here:

# Is JavaScript compulsory for me after HTML, cuz I've learnt html and I've to go on...

Nullset
htd0rg lieutenant

Post by Nullset » Fri May 31, 2013 2:37 am

HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, MySQL -> All these will be helpful for developing web applications. Focus on the building aspect of knowledge instead of preparing yourself to go to prison and learn to use Google.
The things are easy to do in life are also easy not to do.
http://boundedbyfreedom.blogspot.in/

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:04 am

C requires a lots of low level coding...I read this on a website: "C is very efficient, and very sparing of your machine's resources. Unfortunately, C gets that efficiency by requiring you to do a lot of low-level management of resources (like memory) by hand. All that low-level code is complex and bug-prone, and will soak up huge amounts of your time on debugging. With today's machines as powerful as they are, this is usually a bad tradeoff — it's smarter to use a language that uses the machine's time less efficiently, but your time much more efficiently."

Is there any better alternative to C?

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:28 am

Can I program a virus in Java, that can spread itself by web?

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 am

ScHacker23 wrote:Can I program a virus in Java, that can spread itself by web?
Yes, but only to people that have Java installed.

As for C being a bad trade-off for time spent vs. faster & less resources used.
True to some extent, but not using a lot of resources and being really small is pretty well desirable stuff if you're writing anything malicious. Also if you're writing anything that actually needs to preform really well.

It doesn't have to take more time to write either, it just depends on how good you are with the language. It'll certainly take a lot longer to get to the same level of code writing speed and ease compared to something like python though.

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 am

That means, Python's good...

But I've still a problem, I can't find a good tutorial enough to guide a beginner like me, some tutorials contain a lot of garbage, some are incompatible with Python 3.3.1, some don't provide good information and others don't teach good at all! :sad:

Is there a tutorial good enough for a beginner like me, I mean a tutorial that has enough information to guide me to hacking using Python?

If there is one, will you please give me a link to one? I want to learn Python but they just don't explain it.. :sad:

Cool_Fire
Not a sandwich

Post by Cool_Fire » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:09 am

ScHacker23 wrote:That means, Python's good...
Python is an adequate solution for many problems.
ScHacker23 wrote:But I've still a problem, I can't find a good tutorial enough to guide a beginner like me, some tutorials contain a lot of garbage, some are incompatible with Python 3.3.1, some don't provide good information and others don't teach good at all! :sad:
Python 3 is not backwards compatible with python 2. You'll indeed need to look for something specific to python 3.
ScHacker23 wrote:Is there a tutorial good enough for a beginner like me, I mean a tutorial that has enough information to guide me to hacking using Python?
There are plenty of python tutorials for beginners but there is no such thing as a "hacking with python" tutorial.
Any programming language you use for hacking is just a tool to get the computer to do what you want. You still need to figure out and understand what you need it to do before you can write a program to do it. There is no hack() function.
ScHacker23 wrote:If there is one, will you please give me a link to one? I want to learn Python but they just don't explain it.. :sad:
As far as python tutorials go, I'm not the right person to ask. I never use it much myself.

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 am

One more thing, I don't need a Python tutorial now, And Thanks-A-Lot! for your attention, I've got the MIT lectures from ocw.mit.edu, and that's very good, they teach in a good way and I think, finally I'll be able to code Python.

Thanks!

ScHacker23
Apprentice

Post by ScHacker23 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:58 am

Lol! Looks like I used to ask too much questions, just looking at the posts make me remind how n00b I was then. :grin:

// A script kiddie just popped in

Anyway, I'm a Java-Programmer currently. Learnt a lot in this year. I'll not call myself a hacker, in-fact I'm not interested in it. I do not have a "Hacker-Attitude", lol, I consider myself an Open-Source coder. It was nice coming here after a long time.